Helsport

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I was just chatting about expeditions and the like with some friends and they mentioned sleeping bags made by Helsport of Norway. I'm on the lookout for a good summer bag (about -5 C) and they produce what seems to be a decent bag, and very cheap too! (about Nkr 700 = 57.85). Has anyone used them before/can offer advice/warnings?
Cheers,
Chris :biggthump

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
This guy, Ben Saunders (an Arktic explorer, long distance skier, brought up in Devon and ex military sound familiar :) ) rates them according to his forum (although he was sponsored by Helsport....)

Ben Saunders Forum

There was another comment from him on another site which backs this up and in the same kind of temp/ region you are looking at:
We had a useful training trip to Norway, where we tested the tent and the sleeping bags. Only -10 Celcius, so not particularly cold. The kit, from Helsport in Norway, is terrific.

I am not even sure you can buy them in the UK? Nice looking bags. Thanks for the heads up :biggthump

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Their tents are very good. Never personally used their sleeping bags (prefer Ajungilak and Mammut) but the kids have one each. Never had any problems with them (the bags that is :eek:): ), and they are warm and comfortable.
Personally I would take anything that someone sponsored by Helsport says with a pinch of salt... (especially about Helsport products). Still good tents though !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE