Help with delivery from Outdoorcode!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MalIrl

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
West of Ireland
Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem to Miggers on 17th May. I ordered a Swannie from Andrew on 3rd May. Nothing arrived, so after a (patient) 10 days I e-mailed Adrew asking if it had been shipped. No reply.

I waited another bit and e-mailed again. Still no reply.

Last Friday (18th) I got my Visa bill and I had been charged for the order, so I called Andrew who said he had shipped it and would check up on the delivery status.

Since then I have heard nothing and neither e-mails nor voicemails have had any response.

I chose Outdoorcode based on recommendations on this site, and the good responses to my pre-sales enquiries, and I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake!

This is compounded by the fact that I'm outside the UK, so if the parcel went by normal mail and is lost I'm now worried that it's been left too long to be able to trace it successfully.

How do I go about getting my order or a refund?

(I have to add that when you get him on the phone Andrew does come across as helpful and polite, however I don't feel it's too much to ask for some feedback on your order, especially if there's a problem)

Thanks,
Mal

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
When did you call him last? I am surprised at the trouble people seem to be having with Andrew lately, he is a genuine guy who even called me back once as I had called at a bad time for him. I'd say PM him here and call him aswell, maybe he doesn't check his voicemail that much but he does come here quite often.

I'm sure your issue will be resolved quickly, Andrew is a decent bloke.

MalIrl

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
West of Ireland
Thanks Spamel,

I called yesterday evening but got voicemail (every other time I got Andrew directly). I've also sent three e-mails this week.

Based on many posts here it appears that Andrew does sort these things out, but when it's all one way communication you start to get a bit worried.... I guess I need a little encouragement from those here who know him better!

Could you tell me Andrew's BushcraftUK login so I can PM him?

Slán,
Mal

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
He may well be on holiday or otherwise predisposed.

I have had a few dealings with him and ran into problems when one time a delivery went amiss but he sorted it and sent a replacement straight away. He is a very trustworth chap and I'm sure he'll be onto it asap.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi,
i'm still waiting for a delivery from Outdoor Code as well, nearly two weeks late. However, i sent Andrew and e-mail asking about it and he replied to it before i'd finished going back to my inbox! Very prompt and reasonable expaination, still no delivery though! As has been said before, i've heard nothing but praise for him, i'm just going to keep the faith, grin and bare it and hope he slip's something nice in by way of an apology!;)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Morning folks

I'm having a similar experience with this company, having placed an order at the end of April. I don't doubt that others here have enjoyed very good service, and indeed my own first order was executed very promptly. I've tried enquiring via 'phone and e-mail but with no success as yet. I don't think people mind waiting for things if there's a problem, but it's not unreasonable to expect some communication telling them what's going on. I guess I'll have to try again and see what happens.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi Peeps,

further to my earlier post, i recieved my delivery today from Outdoor Code. Andrew explained why it took so long and it's a valid reason (for my delivery anyway). Just a bit of sunshine on a dismal day. Good luck to the rest of you!

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Morning folks

I'm having a similar experience with this company, having placed an order at the end of April. I don't doubt that others here have enjoyed very good service, and indeed my own first order was executed very promptly. I've tried enquiring via 'phone and e-mail but with no success as yet. I don't think people mind waiting for things if there's a problem, but it's not unreasonable to expect some communication telling them what's going on. I guess I'll have to try again and see what happens.

Evening all

Just to finish off the story...

Andrew 'phoned me shortly after I made my earlier post, and my order arrived as he had promised the very next day.

All's well that ends well.

MalIrl

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
West of Ireland
Andrew called yesterday, seems that Royal Mail/An Post have managed NOT to deliver the package, and it can't be tracked from the RM side because it is overseas!:eek:

Andrew is re-sending the order, I'll be following up on the original on this side.

All going well I'll have the Swannie in time for Wild-Live's Primitive Living 1 in July!

Thanks Andrew.:D

Mal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE