Help - new Jacket required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Hi All

I'm hoping the power of the BCUK collective can help.

I want a waterproof jacket - ideally goretex.

I'm not bothered whether plain or camo.

The main thing is that it needs to be cheap.

I seem to recall some ex RAF ones mentioned on here a while back, but can't find a link.

Can you recommend something?

Thanks

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I have a black MOD guards one. Comes with removal quilted liner, which also has removable sleeves. RAF ones don't tend to come with Hoods, Royal Navy ones do

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
I use one of the mil surplus waterproof smocks for stalking. It is in the modern camouflage pattern (think it's MTP) and has a waterproof liner. The hood is big.

Mine cost about 80 quid off eBay. I've been very pleased with it. It is very waterproof.

Cheers,

Bob

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I don't know how 'cheap' you want to go but I've got a Goretex Swedish M90 waterproof jacket up for grabs on the Members' Classified section. Although it might seem too expensive, it's an incredible bargain for a jacket of that quality - but then I would say that, wouldn't I? Anyway, it's there and might be of interest...

Jun 23, 2015
United States
I would say, " Look at USMC marpat" and see if it can be sent to you. Quiet in the rain, warm, but has pit-zips to keep cool. Desert pattern seems to be cheaper.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
There are lots of DPM/MTP Goretex on eBay. The lightweight stuff doesn't have a hood but the regular stuff does. If theres desert camo goretex then its usually cheaper. Jasper at Strikeforce has loads mostly new stuff too, he has a shop on eBay too. The navy stuff is quite hard wearing (I have a few) but they also have a strip of retroreflective tape on each shoulder and centre of the hood. I suppose you could take it off carefully. Take your pick

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/index.php?method=cat&id=80

Not connected just a happy customer, he's usually on here too selling boxes of rat packs.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I asked the same question a couple of years back and was recommended the Austrian army goretex or mountain jacket. Found one as new for just over £40. Brilliant.

No frills and tough material. Love it.

I can't recall where I bought it from. British surplus store I think.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I'm a big fan of the Keela Munro jacket, can be had for about £130 so a bit more than issue kit, but better cut with more features.

Tonyuk

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Wood you consider a waxed canvas, or oil cloth jacket. If I'm working or out below the tree-line, I prefer waxed canvas. In the hills or canoeing, ( not often enough sadly ) I'll go Goretex.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE