Help needed with what to do with leather coat

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Hi guys
Recently my father passed away and i was left 3 black leather coats. 2 i will be keeping but 1 is quite worn though very soft black leather. Does anyone have any ideas what i can do with it (or get comissioned) rather than just donating it or putting it in the bin?? Would like to make something useful to continue using....
thanks

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Sorry to hear you lost your dad recently. Soft medieval type pouches are a great way to recycle clothing leather. You get to keep it for a useful purpose like a fire-lighting pouch, so when you spark up a fire it will be like a little memorial to your dad. I could make you a pouch for nowt bud if you like.

ATB
Craeg

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Make a few 'coffee' style leather pouches from it. They always cone in handy.

You could also try a little neck pouch for tinder for the smaller bits or make some leather cuffs.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Guys Thankyou all for the suggestions...really appreciated. Craeg your offer has blown me away -very generous mate ill be pm'in you shortly to try and sort something :) I really want something nice that I can carry, be useful and bring back memories -what everyone has suggested sounds really good..thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE