Help Needed Asap ?!?!

A

ANN

hi!

i am going to camping Iceland today!!

and frankly it wont all fit in

its in but took me ages to do it and i dont think ill be able to in a rush

i am taking exactly what is on the kit list and nothing more

it is even verging on the weight limit!!!

help!!! does any one have an good packing tps or weight saving ideas, i even have my groundsheet in my daybag!!!

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!

thankyou xx.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
unless you've weighed everything seperately and added it up then chances are the scales are incorrect. I deliberately packed my 20 kilos and when it was weighed at check in it was 1.5 kilos lighter :)

there is a bit of leeway and most airlines dont weigh hand luggage.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Wear your heaveist, bulkiest clothing and boots, carry you coat over your arm.

Wear all your items of clothing. Put it all in plastic bags, then whip it all on when you get weight tested. And then take it all off. Put on again whenever needed.

Also, fill all your pockets of the clothing you're wearing with the heaviest things you are taking, e.g your sleeping bag.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Have a think about what you REALLY need. And lose anything you can get by without. Are you going with a friend who you'll be with all the time during your trip? Can you share the use of anything with your friend? First aid kit for example. One set of mess tins between the 2 of you. Just a spoon instead of a full KFS set. You can eat pretty much anything with just a spoon. One tube of toothpaste between the 2 of you. Maybe one towel between the 2 of you. etc etc. If it's practical take less clothing and wash and dry it when it gets dirty. Keep your personal items in your swag, and share out the 'shared' items between you to carry. Leave the cosmetics and deoderants at home.

Lay all your kit out in the living room floor and take a good look at it, and be ruthless and leave behind anything you can do without but won't compromise your safety and comfort.

Have a great time :)

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Pay for extra luggage and a sherpa maybe?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Leave all but one pair of extra underwear, most of your washing stuff and take only one extra jumper.

Have fun in Iceland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE