Help needed: 58 patt webbing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dgardner

Jul 11, 2010
manchester
Hi,
I bought an almost complete (no pack) 58 patt webbing set for
13.50 off ebay :D and need a bit of info re the poncho roll.
The catches at the ends of the roll, are they supposed to connect
to they bottoms of the ammo pouches? because when I connect them
the belt won't fit, It 'loses' about 6".
I have moved all the pouches as far to the back as possible and made
the straps on the poncho roll as bi as possible.
Can someone help?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The designers intended that the roll would hang beneath the kidney pouches attaching to the two belt eyelets on the bottom of the belt, the catches on the webbing straps at each end would attach to the loops at the bottom of the ammo pouches, the idea being to keep the arrangement tightly against the body when running around. This pic shows one ammo pouch fitted with that loop, the other doesn't, If both your pouches have loops then the roll should attach to those and shouldn't reduce the girth of the belt in any way.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/3d/02/dbcd_3.JPG

In practice the roll was usually carried above the kidney pouches and attached to the rear shoulder straps (above the adjustment slide), the trailing end loops to the front shoulder straps, this was more comfy. Of course this wouldn't work while wearing a large pack.

In fact most folks I knew never used the kidney pouches either, replacing them with four water bottle pouches instead. :)

Last edited:

dgardner

Jul 11, 2010
manchester
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and the pic.
Lookin at the pic I realised i had put the pouches on the
wrong ends with the loops on the outside!!
I swapped them around and a perfect fit.
What a Pratt

In practice the roll was usually carried above the kidney pouches and attached to the rear shoulder straps (above the adjustment slide), the trailing end loops to the front shoulder straps, this was more comfy. Of course this wouldn't work while wearing a large pack.

In fact most folks I knew never used the kidney pouches either, replacing them with four water bottle pouches instead. :)

we would invert the belt and arratch teh roll on top of the kidney pouches which could be used but best if the fronts where sewn togther the Large pack would then fit on fine just enough room for a horisontal draw kukri along the back to ;)

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE