Help me Identify These Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've found these boots online 2nd hand at a decent price ( I think)

I've searched online but cant find anything on them!

Would like to read about them for reviews and whether my Berghaus Yet gaiters will fit before I purchase.

Heres some pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62216316/download_20150107_194504.jpeg

download_20150107_194512.jpeg

download_20150107_194516.jpeg

%24_57.JPG

Thanks

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Meindl Mountain Cracks I think - good boots I used to have a pair in the late 90's. I think they we're a 3-4 season boot but good for scrambling too as the sole unit is quite compact which was quite unusual for boots then.

I tend to wear Yeti's with plastic boots rather then leather boots as I find the leather doesn't dry which can make your boots mouldy. Depends on the conditions your in & if you don't mind taking the gaiters off after each use.

Can I ask what you paid, it looks like you got a decent pair? Usually in winter boots the sole has had too much wear potentially making them dangerous to use in the hills.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
I paid £30 which I'm quite chuffed about now! Lol I've been looking for some reasonably priced boots as my Karrimors flooded in the dark peak last month lol I was leaning towards issue boots but luckily held out!

Yeah I think I'll have to take off the gaiters off each time... Can't afford to be lazy at the moment! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Good score, the boots were a steal at that price. You would be looking at £200+ for a new equivalent pair today.

I would pick and choose the day's for Yeti's - if your going to somewhere rocky I wouldn't bother as they will just get trashed, save them for the peat bogs and snow.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Well, worn these boots a few times in the dark peak now and there great!

Can anyone recommend a cleaning/care product or regime?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Well, worn these boots a few times in the dark peak now and there great!

Can anyone recommend a cleaning/care product or regime?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Let them dry slowly if the leather gets soaked through, dry the insides with paper if sweaty , and look at Altbergs Leder-gris range of waxes for nourishing and proofing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE