Help..I want to buy a large amount of super glue

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Out of 4 different brands of thick cyanoacrylate i've tried, only one has been any good on leather. It was really good. It was from a company called 5 star adhesives on ebay. Cant seem to find them now. All the rest dont work. I use evostick impact adhesive atm which is flexible and dries in a few minutes. Readily available everywhere.

i wonder if the thick stuff will stick leather, i know the thin stuff won't.

but then standard thin super glue won't stick it either, but the thick stuff will.

for that price, worth a punt

thanks Paul :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Penguins ozone layer, just wanted a good contact adhesive for me sheaths, do all contact adhesive cause this? Or just the one I use?
i have never looked at this, if I could buy a contact adhesive, that did not do this, then I would, as long as it does what this one does, and you can by it in a big tin, as I get through a lot of this, as I don't just use it for the odd sheath, it gets used on a daily basis.
biker if you get back to me about this, that would be appreciated.
as I have not heard this any where else mate.
And like to do my bit for the planet.
But contact adhesive is the best tool for this kind of work, and would not want to use anything else, every saddle maker across the planet uses it.
And every leather worker who uses a glue of some sort should be using it, as the properties in the contact adhesive alows the sheath or any leather item for that matter to bend and flex with out delaminating, certain brands also give you the option of adjusting the leather item for a few seconds before the bond has taken, that's why it's called evo stick time bond, as you have the time to adjust things before it has set.
The thought of killing penguins does not sit well with me, but I need the right tool for the job, and contact adhesive fits the bill perfectly for what I do.

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Lee, I hear the fall of the Roman empire, the Third Reich losing the war and the sinking of the Titanic were all a direct result of contact adhesive!

Seriously though, I was pulling your leg, use it with confidence, there are far worse and harmful products on the shelf than that stuff, those I do avoid if there's an alternative product.

Sorry to give you cause for concern there. I'll reply to your PM soon OK?

Last edited:

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
you can make the bond stronger with a bit of heat when the Impact Adhesive goes dry/tacky go see a shoe repair shop to see whats done

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Great thread, was wondering about some different types of glues that could be applied to leather.
Always seems to be the best spot to ask for information, Great community :You_Rock_
Yours sincerely Ruud

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE