Help For Hero's Sponsored Walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hope it's ok to post this here, if not Mods/Admin please move/delete as appropriate.

On the 29th July, eldest lad (14), his brother (12) and few of their friends are doing a 15 mile sponsored walk over the South Downs in aid of Help For Hero's, they decided to do this entirely off their own backs and in their own words when asked why they wanted to do it, the answer was "because", well that's good enough for me.

So far they have acheived sponsorship from the family, friends, some of their teachers and neighbours of £600.00 for H4H, but, and we appreciate times are tough, they will always accept more, so if you can spare just a couple of pounds for this worthy cause it would be appreciated, they have a page on the H4H website where you can donate.

http://www.bmycharity.com/walkoverdowns

Thanks for reading and for your support.

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks mate, really appreciate it, i'll get the boys to take some pics of the walk

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
respect to the lads and every little bit helps, a very worth while cause and i know we (us squaddies) really do apreciate every effort made....

meany meany thanks.....

chris.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
respect to the lads and every little bit helps, a very worth while cause and i know we (us squaddies) really do apreciate every effort made....

meany meany thanks.....

chris.

It's the least we can do you for you guys.

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It's not much, but done. So which section are the boys doing, I might keep an eye out for them if I'm that way.

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

They are going from the Woodard Academy in Lancing to Wiston/Chanctonbury, then a round route back to Coombes & Annington, then along the river to the Sea, then back along the coast and up through town to the Academy.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just found out the local paper will be covering the walk as well - nice one boys, lets hope the extra coverage brings a few more pennies for a worthy cause.

Proud of ya.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just a quick update, the boys and their friends completed the 15 mile walk yesterday, very proud of them, so far they have raised over £1000.00 for Help for Heroes, but as always, more, and i/we/they appreciate times are tough, would be gratefully accepted for this more than worthy cause, in order that they may continue their incredible support and work with the rehabilitation of our wounded service men and women.

Big thanks to the two people from BCUK who kindly sponsored the boys - really appreciate it guys.

A short photo montage of the walk is shown below

[video=youtube;w0_RLP59Gps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_RLP59Gps[/video]

http://www.bmycharity.com/walkoverdowns

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought i would post up the total amount of money Eldest made for H4H's on his sponsored walk that's detailed above.

At the close of play with all monies paid, the grand total raised was......................

£1057.63

Thanks to the couple of guys here who put their hands in their pockets for this worthy cause, appreciate it chaps.

Eldest is already planning his next fund raiser for H4H which will be a band concert (he plays Trombone) that all being well will be held in January next year, in addition, the next sponsored walk is also in the planning stages for next summer.

I have to admit im proud of both the boys for doing this - nice one boys - man hugs all round later

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE