Help for Heroes auction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hmmm, it does look like there's a lack of heat. That also explains why it 'burned out' by 6am on the Sunday morning. Maybe next time if we dump a load of actual charcoal in the centre at the initial burn it will get the temp up enough?

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Yes i definately think it's a lack of constant internal heat, but it gives us an excuse to do it again......................lol:beerchug: :beerchug:

Mark

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Shame that, but its a good excuse to break open the red wine again!
Oooh....maybe not though!!:eek:
There was quite a bit of green willow in there, I remember all that water that came out...

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Yes i definately think it's got a lot to do with the wood not being seasoned enough......

wine an beer sound good, and Ratbags offer of an improved squirrel stew........

i think we should get our diary's out now :p

Gonna try some Birch tar making this weekend, and iv got a litre of birch sap to use as well.........................

onwards an upwards.....................

Mark

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Yes i definately think it's got a lot to do with the wood not being seasoned enough......

wine an beer sound good, and Ratbags offer of an improved squirrel stew........

i think we should get our diary's out now :p

Gonna try some Birch tar making this weekend, and iv got a litre of birch sap to use as well.........................

onwards an upwards.....................

Mark

We've got plans for Saturday night but I'm not sure what we have planned for Monday, it being a Bank Holiday so if I'm not under orders I'll try to call in with the tribe on Monday if you're about and see what you've done with the birch tar?

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I'me in on the monday my good man.....................................

Probably have a crack at the Birch tar then as i'me laying carpets this weekend so the missus says........:eek:

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE