Help for Heroes auction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I am offering a Charcoal burning weekend at Beacon Country Park, Skelmersdale.

The weekend will consist of;

Setting up a charcoal kiln, types of wood used, production methods, and as much charcoal at the end you can carry ( depending on success of burn:lmao: ).

The weekend will start on a Friday night and end on a Sunday afternoon, it will be a camp over, so lots of time to practice your bushcraft, i will endeavour to provide basic rations for the weekend, which will hopefully consist of some local sourced game, and home reared meat.

The date is not set, and is open to some extent, although it will be in spring.

Bids should be registered on this thread and start at...£1.

Bids close at 23:59 on 24/1/08 (one month from today). Money should be paid here

http://www.justgiving.com/H4H

If you would like to know more about the cause "Help for Heroes" - please look here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.html

If you would like to help, please consider one of the following options:

1) Bid on this item
2) Just make a donation on the links above - anything - that cup of coffee you are about to buy at work would be more than enough
3) If you feel as I do, perhaps you would consider auctioning something yourself. Your time, an item, a surplus thing in your "glory hole", something you have made, a guided walk - whatever you can spare.
4)Shake the hand of a service man or woman and just say "thank you - I am proud to have met you"

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

Mark. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fantastic offer - I only wish I was closer and could attend - thats a skill I would dearly love to have!

Red

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
A small group it is then :)

I would say 5 or 6 at the most, as it's quite labour non intensive for a lot of the time, which leaves more time for whittling and stuff :lmao:

Mark

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Just poking this one. This is something that I really want to do, but I need to get permission from the boss. I just realised this afternoon that the first aid course I booked is over a weekend which is a bummer because it's going to make it harder to get the time for this.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
No set date for this yet, as i said earlier, it's not going to be until spring, and later in the season at that, so what's your date ?

Mark

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
First aid is at the end of March, so a way away yet. I just need to be careful in negotiating with the Boss - since she will want something in return if I'm off enjoying myself for a whole weekend :p

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'd really love to do this but I'm afraid the season of good will has rather taken it's toll on my good will - well, good will funds so to be honest £40 is rather overstretching it for me (that would eat severely into my gun cabinet funds but hey, you can't have it all) so I won't be able to advance on that :sad6:

Best of luck to whoever wins a place though.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I'd really love to do this but I'm afraid the season of good will has rather taken it's toll on my good will - well, good will funds so to be honest £40 is rather overstretching it for me (that would eat severely into my gun cabinet funds but hey, you can't have it all) so I won't be able to advance on that :sad6:

Best of luck to whoever wins a place though.

if you can only afford £40 shall we keep it at forty ?as at the end of the day its £40 towards a good cause

bernie

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
if you can only afford £40 shall we keep it at forty ?as at the end of the day its £40 towards a good cause

bernie

Don't limit it fo me as I'd hate to think that the charity lost out on my behalf. If there are 5 or 6 of us that bid £40 then superb but if folk are willing to go above then don't wait for me lads.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I am not bothered what individuals pledge, the sum total will be a great donation whatever it is, i can accommodate 5 - 6 people on this, not because of space, but just because a lot of the time there is 'nt a lot to do, as the process rumbles on, saying that though i will be on hand to give id workshops, guided tours and generally play the good host :lmao:

I will attempt to draw up a programme of activities nearer the time, it wont be a waste of money or time, and you will all walk away with new information, skills and hopefully charcoal :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE