Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Yonderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 17, 2007
NW Alberta, Canada
I used to be a member a couple of years back but lost the link to the site and had to re-register as my old username (OrionN49) didn't work anymore.

I live in NW Alberta, where the eastern slopes of the Rockies meet the boreal forest.
We have 10 3/4 acres that I enjoy puttering around on and we have many wild edibles around the place. Both flora and fauna.

I'm a member of our local search and rescue organization and have taken a few S&R training programs. I took one of Mors Kochanski's winter survival courses in the late 1980s and highly recommend it, although Mors himself is mostly retired now and the courses are given by someone else.

I've loved the outdoors all my life and have been hunting, fishing and camping for as long as I can remember.
I really enjoy grabbing my pack and heading out for a tramp in the bush whenever I get the chance.
My 16 year old son and 10 year old daughter also enjoy the outdoors and usually accompany me. Mostly my daughter now, as 16 year old boys seem to develop other interests (girls ;)) that seem to get in the way.
Although he never misses our annual moose hunting trip.

Recently I've been taking a more back to basics approach to woodscraft or bushcrafting although I'm still somewhat of a gear nut.
I'm a big fan of Backwoodsman Magazine, too. Lots of great info on back to basics woodscraft and how to do things the old way.
The mountain man and fur trade era is my favourite period in history. I also enjoy collecting and reading books on gold rush history. Especially the rushes that occurred in Canada and Alaska.

I've also recently become involved in cowboy action shooting, but not in official matches. I have some friends in northern Nevada that I go to visit and we get together and shoot for fun.

I'm really looking forward to learning from you all and am enjoying the different perspective. It's certainly different here in North America.

I didn't mean to go on and on. I'll quit now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE