Hello peeps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Hi - I've been lurking for a while, so decided it was about time I joined (that and I had a question I couldn't find an answer to - a pretty difficult trick on this sight - there is such a wealth of knowledge here!)

So a little about me: Based in Cambridgeshire, but my spiritual homeland is Scotland. I'm 35, have had an interest in bushcraft since I joined the scouts (aged 8) haven't been involved in the movement 15 for years, but have continued my bushcraft sporadically, when the opportunity has arisen. Now seems like a good time to put the bits I haven’t tried before into practice, and improve upon the bits I have (you know - get friction fire lighting down to less than a hour etc)

Hobbies currently enjoyed include fly fishing, mountain biking and walking.

Well, that’s me. Pleased to meet you all!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard T1tch,
A little petience and a read through the fire making section should give you plenty of tips to reduce your friction fire times.

ATB

Ogri the trog

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Welcome:)

Get your friction lighting down to under 10 mins, then throw the kit away and invest in a good lighter and some cotton wool balls dipped in petroleum jelly and use these to light your fires;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :) and welcome to BcUK.
If you're up for the journey there are meet ups in Scotland several times a year, and they're a good mix.

cheers,
Toddy

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome to BCUK T1tch its good to have you along, your right about the unending amount of knowledge on here, so get stuck in and enjoy yourself!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE