Hello, Hi! Come over and let's put some fuel on the fire.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
If I may be allowed a little personal message in my own thread, :eek: it’s this, whether you know me well or not I would love you all to come and say hello and sign my guestbook on my tripod website ;) (http://Englishrose.222.tripod.com) Go into the Contact Us page, then click on to Sign My Guestbook, you may even be able to help with the question I have left there :confused: - if not you may leave your comments or requests, but Martin, no, no pin-ups. :lmao:

With thanks to Tony for allowing us to mention our website. :)

Tracy

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
No i didnt Get your last mail Tracy ive been having comp problems!

I will let you know when i need some wood

Ash

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
Hi Phill :cool: Im so pleased to see you here at last a BIG BIG WELCOME from me and hugs and kisses you will be right at home here ;) Sorry i didnt reply before im still finding my way around :confused: and messages ive only just found :rolleyes: looks like ive got some catching up to do :lmao: speek soon :You_Rock_ :D Tracy

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
Hi, :D

Thank you for your welcome. :) It's one of those things, no matter how often you hear it, it is so nice and reassuring to hear again. This is a really nice place - so do you make knives or do you do more of the bushcrafting outdoor side of it.

Tracy

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed responce, I have been offline because of power outages in the area. I do bushcraft, camping, fishing and hunting. I have not done much camping and fishing this summer (saving money for my trip to Brazil).
I got into knifemaking after seeing some beautiful puukus in local shops here. (there is a large finnish-american community in my area). I stumbled on to this sight by searching for puukus on the net.This is a great sight for information.
I have made 4 knifes so far, but I do not have a self built knife yet. My friends like them so I end up giving them away :rolleyes: I have some birdseye maple, moose antler and a Jukka Hankala Tomi blade that I am saving for myself!! ;)

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
beowolf762 said:
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed responce, I have been offline because of power outages in the area. I do bushcraft, camping, fishing and hunting. I have not done much camping and fishing this summer (saving money for my trip to Brazil).
I got into knifemaking after seeing some beautiful puukus in local shops here. (there is a large finnish-american community in my area). I stumbled on to this sight by searching for puukus on the net.This is a great sight for information.
I have made 4 knifes so far, but I do not have a self built knife yet. My friends like them so I end up giving them away :rolleyes: I have some birdseye maple, moose antler and a Jukka Hankala Tomi blade that I am saving for myself!! ;)

Hi Harold

You sound so busy it is a wonder you have any time to come and say hit at all. I'm still sitting here at the campfire waiting for people to talk to me, what kind of fishing do you do - i'm a sea fishing person myself? Brazil sounds absolutely wonderful. it would be good if you were to show pictures of your knives here.

Tracy :)

beowolf762

Settler
Sep 4, 2005
U.P. Michigan
Hi Tracy,
First let me say, I have been following your knifemaking thread on BB with great intrest. :You_Rock_

I do not make blades at this time, I consider myself similar to the old time Scandinavian knifemakers who buy their blades from the blademaker and handle and sheath the blades.

When I get a digi camera I will post some pics, I have allready asked my friends if I can borrow their knives for pics in the near future.

I leave for Brazil two weeks from Saturday, I am very excited to be going.I dont know if I will be able to get much time in the bush. we are to do the touristy fun and sun thing.

I like to stream fish for brook trout, not classic flycasting (the streams are too overgrown for propper casting) I just lay the fly on the water and let it drift downstream a ways. I also like to fish for lake trout on Lake Superior. We use handlines and "bob" with a heavy leadhead jig.The line is wrapped around a wooden bobbin called a gebbu. (not sure of the spelling) We have a large Finnish-American community here, from what I understand this is a tradional fishing method in Finland.

I have allways loved the outdoors. My father took me on trips since I was 4 years old, and no matter what problems we had with each other we allways could set aside our differences in the bush.
P.S. This morning as I was coming home from work,I turned onto the road where I live and saw 3 whitetail deer, a doe and her 2 fawns. They were still in their summer red coats, but the fawns spots were fading allready :)

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
woodwalker said:
I think this might be it, its certainly her website, so I assume they must be her knives too! They look nice too :)

http://englishrose.222.tripod.com/tripletwoknives/

woodwalker

Hi Woodwalker

I've only just seen your reply, sorry about that. Thank you for posting my website address, i didn't think it was allowed - that was very kind and thoughtful of you.

Oh, by the way, i see we both live in the same place. :p

Tracy.. :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Thank you for posting my website address, i didn't think it was allowed
It is fine for other people to post links to your site, it's also ok to have a link in your signature (even if you are a commercial company) as long as there is a link to BCUK on the site in return ;) ...... Its in the rules somewhere....

Lovely work by the way :D

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE