Hello from West Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 1, 2014
United Kingdom
Hello, I found this forum whilst trawling the internet for back packing tents. I haven't a clue about wild camping, I have spent many hours reading threads on here, am eager to give wild camping a go with my 2 young children and husband.. I am a complete camping nut and have a collection of canvas bell tents. I camp as often as I can with the kids, always in Pembrokeshire. I regularly walk the dogs up the around the Preseli mountains .. would just LOVE to camp wild around this area.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I was actually up the preseli hills on Sunday, with my better half.. Beautiful place indeed. We were spying out some wild camping spots as it happens..
qesesure.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was actually up the preseli hills on Sunday, with my better half.. Beautiful place indeed. We were spying out some wild camping spots as it happens..
qesesure.jpg

One of my favourite spots :)
A good shot of Foel Drygarn, Carn Menin and the Frennis from just by Carn Sian ... unless I miss my mark...
With the permission of the Barony of Kemmaes I found some decent spots to kip just up the spur by Carn Bica and lower down by Carn Alw.
I have also bivvied under the West Face of Foelcwmcerwn and to the North of Foeldrygarn.
Reading my books "Heritage Walks in Pembrokeshire" and "Longer Walks in Pembrokeshire" (available from all good libraries though "Heritage Walks is now out of print)could give you clues to some of my favoured spots :)
I try and organise regular Meets for my mates in woodland in N Pembs... PM me if you are interested...

Jan 1, 2014
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone!

Great photo Quietone, my brother and I were very near that exact spot last week, weather was awful unfortunately.. we did find some weird markings in the ground (my imagination ran wild, and read up on the large black cat sightings in the area ..Ooops :) )

I'd love to know where the wild sites are John Fenna ?! I Camped with the children in Boncath last August , it wasn't quite wild camping mind you.. but a very very basic campsite..
Will check your books out! Cheers! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE