Hello from the Pacific Northwest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SSGN_Doc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2021
WA, USA
Hello, from the Northwest corner of the USA. I enjoy kayaking, hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing here in Washington State. Retired from the Navy in this corner of the States after 24 years as a Hospital Corpsman. Was supposed to visit Ireland and Scotland this past summer, but the virus killed that trip. Prospects for this summer don’t look certain either.

Looking forward to learning a bit more on the bush crafting front from some of the folks here.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hello, from the Northwest corner of the USA. I enjoy kayaking, hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing here in Washington State. Retired from the Navy in this corner of the States after 24 years as a Hospital Corpsman. Was supposed to visit Ireland and Scotland this past summer, but the virus killed that trip. Prospects for this summer don’t look certain either.

Looking forward to learning a bit more on the bush crafting front from some of the folks here.
Hi and welcome! Possibly the best bit of the continent, the Northwest. :)

Reactions: SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2021
WA, USA
Hi and welcome! Possibly the best bit of the continent, the Northwest. :)
I think so, at least geographically. In my time in the Navy I’ve been stationed in the 4 corners of the country. California, Connecticut, Georgia, and Washington. Enjoy the mild summers, and access to water and mountains. Winters are dreary, but the summers are worth it.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I think so, at least geographically. In my time in the Navy I’ve been stationed in the 4 corners of the country. California, Connecticut, Georgia, and Washington. Enjoy the mild summers, and access to water and mountains. Winters are dreary, but the summers are worth it.
I spent a year in Canada, almost 20 years ago now. Mainly in Bamfield on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver and I absolutely loved my time on Vancouver Island, with its amazing nature! I would love to go back and explore BC more, as well as Washington and Oregon. I'm always disappointed at how every travel programme you get on TV here seems to skip everything between Seattle and Northern California.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster

I'm jealous of the salmon runs in your region of the USA only decent salmon fishing here is for posh people wearing tweed paying a fortune ,Ireland's decent though n not elitist about its rivers like scotland welcome

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Have to watch the regs in this day and time.
The huge rock slide into the Fraser at Big Bar has meant the curtailment of ALL inland salmon sport fishing in the entire Fraser River watershed. Salmon use the major tribs upstream from my place, as far as Rearguard Falls. That's the natural barrier to further travel.
Here's the Fraser at my place:
Up top II.jpg

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Have to watch the regs in this day and time.
The huge rock slide into the Fraser at Big Bar has meant the curtailment of ALL inland salmon sport fishing in the entire Fraser River watershed. Salmon use the major tribs upstream from my place, as far as Rearguard Falls. That's the natural barrier to further travel.
Here's the Fraser at my place:
View attachment 68521
I don't sportfish I just catch a couple for food and call it a day I don't agree with hooking 40 fish day and stressing the fish lovely river u got there

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
"Sport fishing" here means amateur activity for domestic personal use.
Law says you stop with your limit, might be size, might be 2 fish/day at most.
None of this nonsensical "fish-hog" farmer, cropping the resource is all too valuable for the First Nations subsistence fishery.

I was fortunate enough to be a professional fisherman. I was well paid, whether I caught fish or not. I have a very clear understanding of the resource management.

I'm a bird hunter. If it flies, it dies. Turkeys, Canada geese and smaller. Three kinds of grouse and 3 kinds of ptarmigan up top, the season opens Sept.01 (tomorrow). The day is complete if I can bang a couple of birds for supper.

Spirit fish: you ought to get right into it and build your own rods. Their value is usually 3X - 4X the price of the parts.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
"Sport fishing" here means amateur activity for domestic personal use.
Law says you stop with your limit, might be size, might be 2 fish/day at most.
None of this nonsensical "fish-hog" farmer, cropping the resource is all too valuable for the First Nations subsistence fishery.

I was fortunate enough to be a professional fisherman. I was well paid, whether I caught fish or not. I have a very clear understanding of the resource management.

I'm a bird hunter. If it flies, it dies. Turkeys, Canada geese and smaller. Three kinds of grouse and 3 kinds of ptarmigan up top, the season opens Sept.01 (tomorrow). The day is complete if I can bang a couple of birds for supper.

Spirit fish: you ought to get right into it and build your own rods. Their value is usually 3X - 4X the price of the parts.
Iv been fishing since I was 9 years old id post pics but I carn t because I'm not a full member yet I'm paying bills n gym fees atm so iv not paid membership yet

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Look again at my picture in P.#16. That could be this morning!
We got dumped on in the night. Rain in the village quit before
midnight. Notice the flooding? That was late June.

Our village water supply is essentially snow melt up top.
Fresh snow (by tomorrow) makes really brittle ice cubes that shatter,
getting them out of the freezer trays.

Reactions: Spirit fish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE