Hello from Oxford!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi. I'm newly retired from the Armed Forces and currently annoying my Wife by 'loitering'. I'm new to Bushcraft, but not to sleeping rough. I'd like to meet other likeminded people, build up my skills and generally have relaxing days and nights away.

I'm a hammock camper, but I appreciate its hard finding places to 'hang', so I'm hoping there are others out there who have found their ideal spots and are willing to share advice, tips and locations.

Kind Regards to you all and I hope to be chatting/meeting up soon

Ed

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, overnighting places around Oxford are rarer than hens' teeth, though there are plenty of woodlands for a bimble during the day. One or two (e.g. Bagley Wood, Wytham Wood) are owned by the University /Colleges, and need a (free or cheap) permit, but BBONT has lots of nature reserves open to public access.

There's one or two other locals around here, who may be able to offer suggestions.

Geoff :)

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi Ed - lovely part of the world you're in - I second Toadflax on Bagley and Wytham - spent many a night in both, keeping a low profile. Welcome!

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Thanks all for your hello's and advice. It looks like a lot of you also struggle finding somewhere to go and wild camp. Fingers crossed a solution may be found.

Have any of you clubbed together to approach a land owner, or indeed purchased any woodland for wild camping?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE