Hello from Oldham

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

D3LT4_3283

Mar 28, 2022
Oldham
Hey there everyone Im Dave, an Irishman living in Oldham on the edge of the Peak District.
I am looking forward to tapping into the combined experience this community has to offer.
Was going to do a little kit list also, but I am probably best leaving that for a seperate post.
But for now, Im going to potter on with locating a site for a sneeky cheeky hammock camp over the few days.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Hey there everyone Im Dave, an Irishman living in Oldham on the edge of the Peak District.
I am looking forward to tapping into the combined experience this community has to offer.
Was going to do a little kit list also, but I am probably best leaving that for a seperate post.
But for now, Im going to potter on with locating a site for a sneeky cheeky hammock camp over the few days.

Welcome Dave

I'm originally from round that area , Stalybridge , just down the road , loads of great locations around Oldham and Saddleworth area ..... You must be near Dovestones Reservoir ( gets busy with chavs on hot days ) and the moors around there ? .... From there you can get over the Moors to Laddow Rocks and Crowden .

Finding trees to hammock might take a bit more research but the moorland camping around there is excellent ......

D3LT4_3283

Mar 28, 2022
Oldham
Welcome Dave

I'm originally from round that area , Stalybridge , just down the road , loads of great locations around Oldham and Saddleworth area ..... You must be near Dovestones Reservoir ( gets busy with chavs on hot days ) and the moors around there ? .... From there you can get over the Moors to Laddow Rocks and Crowden .

Finding trees to hammock might take a bit more research but the moorland camping around there is excellent ......
Hi Madriverrob, I am familiar with that area, up and around Highr&Lower Swineshaw Resevoirs and down around Arnfield Resevoir, I like to bivvy with the tarp when hanging is not an option. I find the climb up to the remoter locations is better as it tends to be chav free.

Reactions: Madriverrob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE