Hello from Nevada, USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 16, 2008
Nevada
Hi all. I just logged in and was embarrassed to see that I’ve been a member since ‘08 and haven’t posted yet at all. Shameful.

I’m an old retired miner, living next to some beautiful mountains in northern Nevada. Hope to meet some old friends here and make some new ones. I have some friends scattered about on your side of the pond and thought maybe they would show up here too.

Jul 16, 2008
Nevada
I was working in Nicaragua most of ‘08 and joined several forums to keep myself out of trouble while down there. I wish I had spent more time here, but that’s behind us now.
Thanks for the welcomes!

Reactions: buckfynn
Jul 16, 2008
Nevada
I wouldn't mind hearing about that if you have a dit to spin at some point.

And Welcome.
Quick story. I’ll try to expand at some point. I was working for a gold mine in Nevada and they let me go... I was spending too much time taking care of my disabled veteran son’s needs. With permission, but they didn’t ‘need me’ anymore. A contractor was working on site tearing down our gold processing mill that we didn’t use. I got a job working for them. We moved that mill from northern Nevada to Nicaragua! 174 semi truck loads to Houston, that became 3 ship loads to Nicaragua. Then it was all hauled up into the mountains of northern Nicaragua and reassembled. I lived down there most of ‘08. The crash of ‘08 killed the job and I retired.
I call it my Grand Adventure... or Grand Dad Venture. Many of us, the staff, were close to retirement anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE