Hello from Leicestershire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joewalton1989

Mar 23, 2013
Leicester
Hi,

Just introducing myself. I'm Joe, I've always had a dip in and out interest in the outdoors; canoeing, kayaking, walking, camping etc however 2013 has seen a serious change in my attitude and walking and camping (I'm hoping) will take up a considerable amount of my spare time from now on.

Recently Bushcraft grabbed my interest, however few people I know share my interest which makes the learning of things quite a drawn out and solitary process.

I was referred here by my Dad (I am unsure if he is a frequent user or casual observer) however he was adamant the community is great and will be happy to answer any (of my plethora of) questions...

So I look forward to taking my first tentative steps on this journey and thank in advance anyone who shares their knowledge or has any advice to impart.

Thanks

Joe

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Thanks everyone

To the leicesterfarians, any good places around Leicestershire to practice any skills that I will learn?

We're pretty deforested in the SE of the county, if I want to hang I tend to sneak into local woodlands but they're all very small and theres the occasional 'Gerrof moi land afore I shoot ye!'.... the best woodlands are a step out like those in NW Leicestershire but beware the well beaten tracks, there's a lot of footfall especially at weekends. Theres some nice areas around the local resevoirs- Pittsford's nice on the Northampton border- but they get pretty well patrolled too :)

I and the other Leic folk I know tend to go to the meets at either White Rose or Northwood, look them up in the England (Mid) section of Out & About :)

Last edited:

joewalton1989

Mar 23, 2013
Leicester
We're pretty deforested in the SE of the county, if I want to hang I tend to sneak into local woodlands but they're all very small and theres the occasional 'Gerrof moi land afore I shoot ye!'.... the best woodlands are a step out like those in NW Leicestershire but beware the well beaten tracks, there's a lot of footfall especially at weekends. Theres some nice areas around the local resevoirs- Pittsford's nice on the Northampton border- but they get pretty well patrolled too :)

I and the other Leic folk I know tend to go to the meets at either White Rose or Northwood, look them up in the England (Mid) section of Out & About :)

See I grew up in the north of the county (still on the north of the city) I've earmarked a good area for an over night basha trial soon so all being well it may be somewhere to practice. I have family in the southern reaches of the county so it may be worth getting to know that region

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE