Hello from Germany

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Hi,
I discovered this forum a few weeks ago, and after lingering around for a while it's time to introduce myself and participate in the discussions!
I am female, 36 years old and come from (and live in) Germany. I love being outside, watch animals, take pictures of everything that's out there. After being a guest in nature for my whole life it's time to become a part of it, and that's what makes bushcraft so fascinating for me. I still have a lot to learn, most of my outdoor skills are modern, like sleeping in a tent and cooking freeze-dried meals on a gas stove. But I don't need to hurry, one new skill after another. :D
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I guess I am going to ask a lot of questions ;)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Hi and welcome.

I travel to Hilden fairly often; I don't suppose that is anywhere near you?

This is a great place and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Hi and welcome.

I travel to Hilden fairly often; I don't suppose that is anywhere near you?

This is a great place and I'm sure you'll love it here.
Hilden is about 100 kms from my place, but I've never been there. I always wanted to visit the knifemakers in Solingen, which is next to Hilden!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Hilden is about 100 kms from my place, but I've never been there. I always wanted to visit the knifemakers in Solingen, which is next to Hilden!

I always catch the train from Dusseldorf airport to Hilden; the direction is to head for Solingen. I didn't know they made knives there!

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Turnstone,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have someone from Germany aboard as i had noticed your country men and women seemed to be absent (cue loads of au contaires). Loads of information here for you to hopefully find the answer to most if not all of your questions and no lack of kind hearted souls willing and able to assist you if not.

Have fun.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE