Hello from Florida, USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 27, 2014
Florida, USA
Hi Everybody,

My name is David and I am presently living in Florida, USA. I'm an Emergency Room RN (Registered Nurse) and a firearms instructor. I'm an avid backpacker and I always enjoy trying out new survival skills that allow me to thrive in the outdoors with fewer amenities. In the past I've worked in maritime Search and Rescue - not particularly pleasant because as I was a diver it was primarily recovery work. One of the things I have really liked about this sort of thing is that one gains an appreciation for nature in all her beauty and frightful power much like studying a foreign language provides one with a unique perspective into a foreign culture. My sons are getting old enough now that I'm getting ready to start taking them backpacking as well - so I'll be teaching them a thing or two that Cub Scouts don't cover (I'm also active in the leadership of their den and take the kids camping as often as possible).

Anyway, I only just heard of the name Ray Mears about a week ago when I bought my new Spyderco Bushcrafter knife. Great blade... Sharp as a woman's tongue and sturdy as an old friendship. All kidding aside I'm really looking forward to learning some neat things here. Nice to meet everybody!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE