Hello from East Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
I've basically been lurking on here for ages. Thought I'd better say hello and be a bit more active :) I first got into 'bushcraft' as a soldier in the early 80's. My bible then was a first edition hardback copy of Lofty Wiesmann's Survival Handbook. Now that I'm supposedly all grown up, I'm back into it, looking for ways to learn and share a bit of wildwood wisdom with my family, mainly on camping trips. This is a great forum.

Chris

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Nice to meet you. I'm also from East Yorkshire, just outside of Hull.

I live down South now though but I get back up there a few times a year.

I also have the SAS Handbook. It's an excellent reference source and I refer to it often although I'm more peacenik than soldier. ;) Mine is the large soft back edition.

Hope you enjoy the forums. Lots of great conversations, interesting people and invaluable information here.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Wotcher, Mayfly....yet another Yorkie, eh?

Well, as you see, theres lots of interesting topics on the go here.
So get right intae it.

Mebbe see you around.

regards
Ceeg

Jackdaw

Hey there Mayfly. Based in Hull myself and am hopefully finally about to start up my own school of Bushcraft. Site should be one I have just negotiated today down near the Sherwood Forest. Only about 1hour 15 mins from Hull.

We will be holding courses but more importantly Club Weekends where you get to come down and practice all your crafty-like skills.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Oh, and welcome!

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Hi,
Missed a few posts there. Sorry. I'm near Beverley. I'm pretty new to East Yorks, though I grew up in North Yorks. Wife's family based here. So far I like the area a lot!
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE