Hello everyone.........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 15, 2006
Bristol - UK
Hello all - I've recently rekindled my love of the things that I enjoyed doing as a boy (collecting wild food, camping and cooking outdoors) - I'd forgotten how much fun it can be!!
I'm a new dad and bushcraft camping and cooking is something that I want to do with my son as he grows up (like my dad did with me) so it's great to find a group of likeminded people. I'm hoping to come along to some moots/meets in the new year.

Also ,if there's anyone in the Sheffield area who fancies a pint sometime, get in touch - I'm always available for a pint (with my wife's permission of course :D )

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Henderson's Relish, eh! there was a fascinating little programme on the radio the other day, all about relish and pickle/chutney...Hendersons had a spot all on it's own....

Anyway, welcome to the group. There's quite a few dads on here who like to get out with our youngsters :D

Enjoy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Runni and and welcome to the virtual campfire. :) Pull up a seat and join the conversations.
There are a lot of family folks on the site and many of the meet ups are more than happy to see the kids come along too.

Cheers,
Toddy

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi Runni and welcome.

I got daughters but no sons! They didn't catch the bug, although my 21 year old is now into canoeing and walking so there is some hope.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Welcome to the forum Runni. Nice to see someone from the Land of Steel who is actually going to get out there and use a piece of it (Properly sharpened, of course! ;) )

Nov 15, 2006
Bristol - UK
Hello all - thanks for the welcomes.

Ta for the info about the Hendo's feature on the radio stovie - I had a listen at the weekend - very interesting. The building that they make it in looks an absolute mess from the outside, but it is lovely stuff and I'd recommend it highly!!

I'm ashamed to say that the only steel that I take out with me is from Sweden :eek: I would love a good quality Sheffield knife but just don't have the reddies - my wife insists on using what I do have to buy nappies!!!!

Her priorities are all wrong!!!!! ;)

Jim

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Welcome Runni

Camping with children is a fantastic way to bond, and its better as they reach their mid to late teens, they get to carry the heavy kit ;)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Pull up a virtual log and enjoy. You'll find this place very helpful and friendly..... :) I'm still shocked at the helpfulness of everyone on here :rolleyes:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Welcome to the forums.
I have a six year old boy, and a nine year old girl, they have sat around campfires and learnt foraging skills from babyhood.

I wish parenting was as easy as bushcraft. Good luck and make yourself at home.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
xylaria said:
I wish parenting was as easy as bushcraft. Good luck and make yourself at home.

i'm with you there, after 9yrs (oldest girl) we had just got over the smell of dirty nappy's when along came another one :eek: wouldn't have it anyother way :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE