Hello everyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2014
United Kingdom
The period of my life most applicable to this forum will be the years 7–16. Before then I was born in London and grew up there; after then I studied the history of art at Manchester University before returning to London, where I still live and work.

During the years 7–16 I lived in Anglezarke, on the West Pennine Moors. I built slalom tracks for my mountain bike, shot lots of tin cans with my spring-loaded BB guns and developed a hankering for anything with a blade. My worst knife incident was aged 12 when a lovely knurled silver Victorinox penknife closed on my index finger. The knife stopped at my bone, half way through my nail. It didn't hurt but looked very strange. When I pulled the knife out it began to sting and then the blood rose from the cut in a very gentle but urgent way. Our gamekeeper's cottage was very remote so I was told, by my mother, to apply pressure with kitchen roll and sleep it off. That I did and I have the scar to prove it. I'm quite fond of it.

I have been reading the forum for years but just recently registered. I won't be posting a great deal but thank you all for your informative posts. I recently became the owner of a Mora and Laplander, so I expect I will be spending most of my time in your tutorial threads.

Best wishes

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hello and welcome to the virtual fireside.

Hopefully you wont have to shed blood to make interesting stories (but it does seem to help)!

Have fun,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE