Hello and a Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
Hello all,

I am a new member to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Cameron and I work in the forestry industry, a profession which allows me to spend most of my days in the great outdoors. I have had a passion for bushcraft and wild camping for as long as I can remember and practice as often as I can.

Another hobby of mine is collecting old tools, in this respect I was wondering if someone could help me with a particular conundrum? I recently purchased a really nice Gilpins 3lb Side Axe, on the head it has an addition stamp of M.T.S. It looks like it was done in the factory rather than post-production so to me would rule out someones initials. I was wondering if it could be something to do with the railways? Haven't a clue really so any help with this would be great.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

All the best,
Cameron

5teep

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2017
Scotland
Hello and not a clue sorry :)

Try posting a picture just in case? if nothing else an image of a sharp thing is always welcome.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hello and welcome to the forum Cameron :)

A picture would help immensely but if you have no luck here and you're on Facebook there's a group called Axe Junkies dedicated to axes of all types. I'm sure someone there should be able to help you :cool:

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
Thank you all for your warm welcome.:)

Here's a picture, really stumped!

cameraroll

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers guys! Having problems posting the image? Followed the instructions on the how to page but no joy.

Hope it shows up in this link: https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

All that link does is take me to my personal Flikr account.

Have a look at the instructions here about how to post pics from Flikr and see if that works for you.

The other thing to bear in mind is until you get to a post count of 10 your pics won't appear straight away until they're approved by a mod first. Once you get past 10 then they appear automatically.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
WealdenWoodsman?

I have looked at the code for your photo, and I can't see why it's not loading.
I'll flag it for Admin and we'll hope one of them can suss it out.

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks like you've tried to link to your main page rather than a single image Cameron

Click on Photostream rather than Camera Roll

Click on the photo you want to use, it'll open a new page, then click the share button, bottom right, looks like an upswept arrow
Choose BB Code then whichever size you want from the drop down, copy the blue highlighted text straight into the thread on here.

If you're on the mobile version of flickr I think some of the copying features might not be as visible

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

Nope, you're still not doing it right.

Try following the instructions below

Flickr is pretty simple to post pics from and this is the way I do it

1:
Select from Flickr the picture you want to post, For this example I'm selecting the map by clicking on it

2. This then opens the map photo up. To get the code for posting it I click on the 'sweeping right' arrow which is at the bottom right of the screen indicated with a red arrow in the picture

3. This then opens up a selection box. Make sure the BBC code option is selected. It normally defaults to this when opening but just check . You then choose the size picture you want to post from the drop down options. I normally choose the largest of the medium selections as it's a good size for posts. However the pictures I've used for this tutorial were done with the first of the largest selection. Just have a play around to see what size you like.

4. Once you've decided on size of picture highlight the text in the first box and right click so you can copy it

5. Normally you'd use the post picture on the edit page screen on the forum.

37511957880_39e0a68c46_b.jpg

6. But because you copied the complete code from Flickr all you need to do is right click and select paste and the entire code will be put into your text.

7. Hit enter and hopefully your pictures will appear :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE