Hello all from sunny(ish) Kent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Hello everybody peeps, how did I not find this web site before? What a fantastic idea! Well I do know really... 'cause I'm a computer dufus in truth. Never actually been in a chat room or posted on a forum before. Don't know why, I don't use facebook, bebo etc either though. Not a techno dude that's for sure, just use the lap top for buying stuff really. Trouble is everyone I know thinks I'm weird city for always wanting to get out into the booney. Just got back from a family holiday in Ibiza with a couple of mates and their families and all I wanted to do while we were there was climb the mountain behind the hotel (talked them into it in the end). Any ways, always loved The Great Outdoors (John Candy's best film?) and have this unexplainable need to rewatch Ray Mears when ever he's on TV (even though I've got him on DVD). Spent time in most MOD training areas across the UK during a short stint in the mob (love the Beacons best) but 'er indoors tells me I've got "a proper job" now (and keeps telling me I need to grow up). Mostly now it's camping in the trailer tent with her and the saurcepan lids somewhere with electric lockup and an award winning shower block. Well not always, I do manage to get back to see mother (nature) every now and again. Going to to pay a visit to old friend Pen y Fan next week, and taking my 14yr old with me. Got to tear him away from his Xbox somehow right? Anyway I think this website is great as it's a place to learn more about something that interests me from like minded fellow weirdos (not that anyone will learn anything from me).
Respec dudes (and dudettes)
from the Dartford Massive!

Last edited:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello Rarky B and welcome to the forum. Good luck with getting your eldest off the Xbox i failed. Talking of the Brecons ,Sunny Sennybridge,is it still there ? I have some fond memories of that place and some bad. Cheers
Darren

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
Hello and wellcome from another man of kent or is it kentish man, i can never remember which side of the river you have to be from to be a man of kent or a kentish man.

Anyway wellcome.

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Hi, guys and thanks for the warm welcome.
Radix lecti no need to swear at me with the S word ;-) My memories of there are a bit more mixed! I presume it's still there but I've never been back to that particular part as knowing my luck I'd probably step on some unexploded ordinance!
Ph34r not only did I fail to get my 14yr old off the Xbox but we didn't get to Wales 'cause he tore his Hamstring in a football match. Not only was it just a pre season friendly but he's been laid up, you guessed it playing on the Xbox!
Jon B you're a Man of Kent 'cause you are the right/pukka side of the Medway. I am just a mere Kenntish man meanwhile, which I'm told is not as, well "Kenntish"! Particulary in my case as I was born in Camden!
cheers
RB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE