Hello all! - From Devon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Hello all.

Joined the forum to ask advice on backpacks and so far everyone has been really helpful so figured I might as well say hello on here.

I've done a lot of woodland camping as a youngster.. I did cadet for a few years in teens, but as an adult camping has more or less just been tents at sites or in the van with the wife...

We love going for mad walks on the Moors/woodlands/beaches with our dog, kayaking, photography walks etc and I've found myself more and more drawn to wild camping bushcrafty sort of stuff..

We spent 2+ weeks in a tent in thr laws garden whilst visiting (they live in the channel islands) and although we had total access to bathroom, fridge etc, the disconnect from TV and man made light really helped my brain reset somewhat!

But alas, I'm pretty beginnery. So eager to learn and grow in my knowledge!

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Thank you :) @Broch

Fire gazing is wonderful, certainly not the first time I've done it, but on said recent tent time, we used one of those mini incinerator things, made for absolutely wonderful evenings and certainly cleared my head.... Or filled it with smoke

@TeeDee haha, I certainly do love the county! I'm down the southern part of the county, so have easy access to Dartmoor! Lovely for camping, not so great for open fires unfortunately. Would love to find some appropriate woodland.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thank you :) @Broch

Fire gazing is wonderful, certainly not the first time I've done it, but on said recent tent time, we used one of those mini incinerator things, made for absolutely wonderful evenings and certainly cleared my head.... Or filled it with smoke

@TeeDee haha, I certainly do love the county! I'm down the southern part of the county, so have easy access to Dartmoor! Lovely for camping, not so great for open fires unfortunately. Would love to find some appropriate woodland.

South Hams? Ahhh- The place with electricity and civilization.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Welcome to the forum Scottie!

Looks like you boys will be having some serious weather next week, according to magic seaweed...

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Oh. God No.

Plymouth is ,... " Different " :)
Hahah

Thankfully I'm living in Plymouth but not from Plymouth .. looking elsewhere for the future whenever wherever that will be...

Welcome to the forum Scottie!

Looks like you boys will be having some serious weather next week, according to magic seaweed...

Haven't looked at the weather recently, feel like I've only just dried out from last lot..

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Welcome Sir, friendly bunch here with a wealth of knowledge and a willingness to share which is just as well, as i know next to nothing !

Haha thank you! My birthday is coming up in Nov so I'm looking at a bunch of bits and doing double triple thinking to decide what's the best move to make... Don't want to fall into the "all the gear no idea" category... But then I also don't want to be sitting in a woodland in the pouring rain, in flip flops and a t shirt wearing a bin bag and eating a packet of crisps wondering why I didn't get any gear!

Reactions: The Frightful

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hello and welcome, not a million miles away on Devon Somerset border. Great area for Bush crafting in the south west.moors woods and coast in easy reach.
You've done it now though, as you will end up with more kit than you need eventually if you take up bushcraft! But it's all part of the fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE