Helikon Tex Lumber Gloves ... Too much Dosh for what you get ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roughneck

Mar 17, 2021
Chelmsford
Helikon has some great clothing which I own which includes packs, bags, clothing etc.
These Lumber Gloves falls very short of the expected Helikon Quality.
* Gloves are different sizes
* Both show S on the label
* Gloves are different colours
* Leather thickness is like Tissue Paper
For the price you most certainly can buy better for much cheaper £32.95
Buy them for aesthetically pleasing look, but just don't work with them if they both fit correctly.
I bought them from The Bushcraft Store with other items and was invited to leave feedback, which I did.
All the positive stuff was published except my review of the gloves "VERY Disappointed" with the Bushcraft Store Cherry Picking.
I had a full refund without any issue from the store, and whilst in the store was very helpful with various enquires.
Just the honesty and Stars for the feedback is now suspect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-092244_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-092244_Gallery.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20211030-092146_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-092146_Gallery.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 24

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Publishing only positive reviews and removing the negative ones makes the invitation to offer your thoughts utterly pointless from the perspective of other buyers. It’s not on, and the review process is biased. I’ve been put off buying from there in the past because of lack of information about the knives, their steel, and where they’re manufactured. That was years ago and at least we now know the steels, and ‘somewhere in Eastern Europe’.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I suggest that you ought to be shopping Canadian made "Watson Gloves". On line shopping, too. Probably a hundred styles for all sorts of applications. They learned what to make over the past 100 years.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I suggest that you ought to be shopping Canadian made "Watson Gloves". On line shopping, too. Probably a hundred styles for all sorts of applications. They learned what to make over the past 100 years.

Having paid a similar price as Roughneck for some supposedly windproof Mechanix gloves last year that are useless in the wind, I’m back to the actual working gloves that work. Similar to the Watsons, time tested.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
For maybe 8-10 reasons, I wear gloves for wood carving and safety is not one of those. I can buy chrome-tanned and cloth lined leather Watsons, 3 pair bundles for $5.00. That's what? Less than 3 PBS?

The fleece-lined ones are so cozy for my long skinny fingers when real winter hits us again. Outdoor winter construction gloves and snowmobile winter gloves are pretty nice.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Decathlon sells very cheap thin polyester fleece liner gloves, Solognac green ones and Forclaz or Quechua black ones for example. Combined with usual all leather working gloves from the hardware store that serves very well, approximately like socks in leather boots.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I always talk about Solognac but Simond also seems to be generally pretty good.

Usually not my purpose though.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
For maybe 8-10 reasons, I wear gloves for wood carving and safety is not one of those. I can buy chrome-tanned and cloth lined leather Watsons, 3 pair bundles for $5.00. That's what? Less than 3 PBS?

The fleece-lined ones are so cozy for my long skinny fingers when real winter hits us again. Outdoor winter construction gloves and snowmobile winter gloves are pretty nice.
Just had a look at the Watsons site. It is clear that they do not make anything like all of their gloves in Canada, and at 3 pair for $5 I am certain that the ones you are getting are made in the Far East. The stuff I see that is made in Canada is $30 to $60 per pair. Doesn't look simple to order their stuff from outside the US or Canada either.

*edit*
I am sure the stuff they make in Canada is good and I know that good gloves can be had from all sorts of lower cost countries. I am on my last pair of work gloves bought from Rural King in Kentucky. Really nice leather and they carried a huge range with product made from cow, goat and deer....and mostly sewn in Asia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robson Valley

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Decathlon lined tan pig leather ski guide glove is awesome for the money. You never see a French ski guide with branded trendy ski gloves... always these:

Simond Guide glove
Decathlon got back to me, they’re not stocking these gloves for at least 3 months. That’s as far forward as the stock system allows, so don’t hold your breath.

If anyone knows of a similar glove to these I’d appreciate the input.

Reactions: Winnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE