Heinnie safe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

tommy11

I ordered a knife from Heinnie Haynes a while ago and about a week later I get a call from my bank telling me that someone may have my card details so they had to issue me a new bank card...

I'm pretty sure it was caused by the heinnie order I did online...
I mean I trust that they are a legit company and all but maybe their system for taking card payments is not really secure.

Who knows, but I could always use Paypal to purchase from them in future.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
You seem amazingly sure IMO.
Have you spoken to them about this before you made this rather public accusation?
Did the bank actually say Heinnie were responsible?

T

tommy11

I wasn't trying to accuse heinnie of anything really...

I just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen to them.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have used H&H for a while and have never had any problems, in fact I have told many of my mates too use the site too purchase kit as they are spot on with order and delivery. Looks like you may need too check your internet security when using card details. There are several ways too pay without getting stung.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Second vote for HH, never had a problem with them having my card details and never had a problem with my bank after using them.

May be prudent to run an anti malware or keylogger scan on your computer just to be safe though.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I can just say positive things about HH as a repeat Internet customer.

My guess is that the bank has tried out some new security feature and HH or whatever was responsible for it was a false positive.

Inquire at your bank for details. Also check your bank statements for anything unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
HH have been 100% outstanding in many transactions over the years, have a great reputation and deservedly so in my experience.

To be fair it could be from anywhere, and is more likely come from an error or being hacked at your end. Most of us have been had at some point and I would hope that the HH thing is merely a coincidence.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Deal with them alot and never any bother. Must say though they dont ask me for my card details as they keep them on record, which if im right they shouldnt do.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
I ordered a knife from Heinnie Haynes a while ago and about a week later I get a call from my bank telling me that someone may have my card details so they had to issue me a new bank card...

What did they mean by that? Was there some fraudulent activity on the card and they put a stop to it?

As others have said do a system scan for malware and viruses, i would run malwarebytes free version, Spybot S&D, and whatever antivirus you have installed.

T

tommy11

I'll put this down as some other security issue...not heinnie's fault.

thanks for the replies.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i have also bought from heinnie's and never had a problem...atb Shogun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE