Heinnie safe?

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I ordered a knife from Heinnie Haynes a while ago and about a week later I get a call from my bank telling me that someone may have my card details so they had to issue me a new bank card...

I'm pretty sure it was caused by the heinnie order I did online...
I mean I trust that they are a legit company and all but maybe their system for taking card payments is not really secure.

Who knows, but I could always use Paypal to purchase from them in future.

I once had money taken out of my account, the bank phoned me asking had I been to Indonesia recently, I reckon it was due to a garage near my home as other folk I spoke to came up with the same conclusion. HH has been good for me too, recommended.

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
You should press your bank for more information as you might still be vulnerable. It's nothing to do with Heinnie's I'm sure, they are first class.

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
"someone may have my card details so they had to issue me a new bank card..."

Sometimes the problem lies at the Bank. My wife's credit card has been replaced once for the same reason. The only reason why I have a credit card on my wife's name is because we got it for free with my bank account. The card has never been used, so the only place that people could get hold of the card details were at the bank.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Are you sure it was your bank that was calling you? I wish I had a pound for every call and email that I've had saying 'we think there is a problem with your account' usually followed by 'can you just confirm your account number.....'

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've ordered from HH with no (apparent) problem. I did once get a call from the bank after ordering online from a company in the south of england and it triggered the banks "unusual spending" warning... If I'm abroad, I flag overseas purchases in advance with dates so they dont block intentional payments. It may be worth asking the bank for more details about the suspected transaction...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE