Heavy duty folding grill and other items wanted!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
On, that would explain it :).

Still after one though, I'm a bit anxious to get some new kit to keep me occupied ;).

Anyone?

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I have this if it's of any interest
3edanema.jpg
ymapa9en.jpg
tetu4ype.jpg
emeby4er.jpg

It could be adapted of left as it is

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Sorry Tom, I've got a BBQ burger cooker that's similar, but I'm after the sort of grill Red posted.

Thanks a lot for trying though :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That would be great mate, if there is anyone of the talented folk on here a willing to give it a go, fire away :).

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just came back from BandQ's looking at angle iron, and it would cost more for me to buy the material to make one like Ronnie Sunshines than buy it off him ready made. It would be a lot cheaper to use 13mm flat. Not sure how much the griddle would cost though
I've done these but the rectangular one is £35

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Good point Kev, but I'd rather have it made by a craftsman, such as yourself, to make it a bit more special :).

If you could weld a few cross bars on one of your three legged trivets, that would do the job great!

Would you consider a trade for one?

Cheers mate :).

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cameron,

If you go with the rectangular one, its dead easy to cut a piece of sheet steel to size to sit on one end - you can then put bacon and sausage directly on it. That's all mine is - just a bit of stainless cut to fit.

Hugh

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Cameron,

If you go with the rectangular one, its dead easy to cut a piece of sheet steel to size to sit on one end - you can then put bacon and sausage directly on it. That's all mine is - just a bit of stainless cut to fit.

Hugh

Cheers Hugh, that's a great idea, its certainly the sort of thing I was after :).

I guess I'll just go with that and what Kev or another maker thinks would be the best build design? :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing wrong with the design Kev shows in his link imo. He might even be able to find a bit of flat steel to drop on the top for a little more cash!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's got me thinking! Now who wants to trade me for one?

How about a realtree gun slip, fleece lined! (never used, I don't have a gun, yes I know, was planning to get an air rifle but it never happened)

Or many more things!

;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE