Healthy Eating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A recent thread I started (desert) seems to have mixed opinions on how healthy it is. In the interest of balance, I've decided to also start this thread for healthy recipes. I'll start with mine:
1385763_10152011531405337_1904427005_n.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Haha, nice one, were you making a BACON, lettuce, no tomato sandwich? Remember that green stuff can be dangerous, all that chlorophyll.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh thank you Goatboy :)

A thread where the Scots discuss healthy eating with the Americans - I'm going to enjoy this!

Could you maybe also discuss religious tolerance whilst you are at it? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

A thread where the Scots discuss healthy eating with the Americans - I'm going to enjoy this!

Could you maybe also discuss religious tolerance whilst you are at it? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'll have you know sir that my diet consists mainly of vegetables, grains and pulses with various foraged items thrown in - mainly as I am skint:rolleyes:.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Protein packed diet can be healthy and bloody tasty as well, I like the saying "eat till you puke, train till you puke" (Hugh Jackman)

Bacon fried in coconut oil and don't eat the fat, that will do nicely with protein pancakes drizzled in honey, and a coffee, Breakfast!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Vegetables grains and pulses?

Deep fried Mars bar then?

:)

I'm one of the rare Scot's who's not gone down that route. Don't tell as they may take my passport away, but I'm not even that fond of chips!:eek: Well apart from egg and chips:p

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I recall the last time I was up there reading a whinging newspaper leader on Scotland's "health poverty" - outside a place that sold deep fried donner kebab pizza (I kid you not)

Its amazing to watch Darwins theories in action at first hand :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh yes - I wasn't trying to exclude our American cousins - man for man, the most obese nation in the history of the world!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida

LOL. This coming from a man whose country gave us The Two Fat Ladies.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I recall the last time I was up there reading a whinging newspaper leader on Scotland's "health poverty" - outside a place that sold deep fried donner kebab pizza (I kid you not)

Its amazing to watch Darwins theories in action at first hand :)
Aye it's not health poverty it's health laziness. But then parents don't tend to teach their kids how to fend for themselves and as you have intimated in other threads we're now into a 2nd generation life-skills shortage. Folk have been brought up with a freezer and microwave as an convenience rather than an asset. I love to cook, and can feed myself healthily and cheaply on little or no cash. Heck it's why Scots eat more soup than anyone else traditionally in the world.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
LOL. This coming from a man whose country gave us The Two Fat Ladies.

Oh we are far from good - but we really cannot compete with the US - in fact 21 places below the US in the world obesity stakes ;)

Interesting to see that Mexico may be challenging the US for the world "lard ****" crown....

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Folk have been brought up with a freezer and microwave as an convenience rather than an asset.

These days - I suspect its the chippy and the Maccy Ds that's the problem "Mum's gone to Iceland" (because she is too stupid to cook soup) is almost less of a problem!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I always prefer healthy eating lifestyle because health is everything to me, you don't even have a fun life without your health.....

True. But it's no fun without loads of bacon and decadent food either. Besides, being "healthy" just means you're dieing at the slowest rate. I want to go out in a blaze of glory!

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oh we are far from good - but we really cannot compete with the US - in fact 21 places below the US in the world obesity stakes ;)

Interesting to see that Mexico may be challenging the US for the world "lard ****" crown....

Glad somebody resurrected this thread. Yep. Mexico edged us out this year. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE