Heads Up - Woodlore Introduction to Bushcraft Courses Available

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If anyone is interested, there are vacancies on some of the 2-day Introduction to Bushcraft Courses in East Sussex.

21 July, 8 Sep and 15 Sep 2007 (when I checked just now - 16:00 29 Jun). Must have been some cancellations.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just for the record, I have no association whatsoever with Woodlore.

I happened to be browsing the course list on their web site and, knowing that the courses there seem to be very difficult to get onto (typically being booked up at least a year in advance), I noticed that some places in the next couple of months had appeared.

Just thought I was being helpful in letting other people here know about them. I'm not trying to say that Woodlore are any better than any of the other course providers and I'm not trying to promote them over anyone else, so my apologies if I've offended anyone here.

Geoff :confused:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Actually they've got quite a nifty course cancellation e-mailing list which is sent out to
all subscribers every time someone cancels - seems like quite a good idea. Sometimes
things crop up at very short notice so I suppose a certain amount of preparedness is
required!

I think a few people here are signed up for that so I don't think you did anything wrong
by mentioning it, although others might think (or seem to have thought) it wrong...

I'm not aware that Harmonica had any negative feedback when he posted that there
were a couple of places on the Plantlore course at Woodsmoke - then I booked them
for me and a friend (although that particular course was initially recommended to me
by someone else). So if you are getting any grief then there should probably be some
retrospective grief sent to H and to anyone else who's mentioned spare places - a bit
impractical!

I'd love to go on a weekend bushcraft course at Woodlore - ideally when Ray's off teaching
in Africa so there's no danger of him turning up and seeing how unimpressive I am with
my spoon carving :D

From what I can gather (and I know they use different sites) they are probably the nearest
school to me - although that shouldn't be the primary consideration of course! I had a
bloomin' good time all the way up in Cumbria with Woodsmoke and would definitely go
back.

Jo

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It is no secret that there has been a problem in the past with a particular school using the forum for self advertising. The residual nasty taste that left makes some very wary of posting or reading threads like this one.

To be honest if the post cannot be perceived to be "advertising", or from someone working with the company or closely involved with the owners or tutors, then talking about individual schools is fine. Keep the information factual, non libelous and we all learn something :cool:

I didn't know that Woodlore did an email *keep in mind* sort of listing Jodie, and I'm sure others didn't either, thank you. Woodsmoke do get a good rep, don't they?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE