Heads up, Sawyer mini water filter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
And it's below threashold so no custom charges. Grab one before Amazon catch on what is going on :)
It's well below customs but unfortunately not below Vat (£15 including P&P now :( ) so you will probably get stung for 20% plus the £8 charge from those nice people at the Post Office; but still a saving over RRP.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
1. I believe 16 is the limit and it's the value of the item without postage that counts.
2. Amazon.com will automatically charge you tax if you try to buy something over the limit. Just try to add something expensive to your basket and see your checkout.

So even if they sting you you have grounds to dispute.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's well below customs but unfortunately not below Vat (£15 including P&P now :( ) so you will probably get stung for 20% plus the £8 charge from those nice people at the Post Office; but still a saving over RRP.

I did when I bought mine from Germany :(

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
1. I believe 16 is the limit and it's the value of the item without postage that counts.
2. Amazon.com will automatically charge you tax if you try to buy something over the limit. Just try to add something expensive to your basket and see your checkout.

So even if they sting you you have grounds to dispute.
I wish that it were so.. it's only excluded for gifts ..

From
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P20_1803

Value Added Tax (VAT) - Import VAT is charged at the same rate that applies to similar goods sold in the UK and applies to commercial goods over £15 in value, and on gifts that are over £36 in value. However, please note that commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of import VAT. The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the:

• basic value of goods, plus
  • postage, packing and insurance, plus
  • any import (Customs or Excise) duties charged
As with customs duty, the cost of postage is excluded from the calculation for VAT on gifts except where the sender has used the Express Mail Service (EMS) as opposed to a standard mail service.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
So I'm thinking that you will need to pay vat on the item then? What is it likely to cost to get one to the uk?
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

willyb

Jan 19, 2010
bournemouth
I'm waiting for mine to arrive hopefully in the next few days! As you said worth a punt, for the price, and even if you did get hammered for a little extra, you wouldn't have got it any cheaper in the uk! Thanks for the heads up! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE