Heads up, Sawyer mini water filter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Yep, same message that it can't be shipped to my address, any ideas anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit. It would appear that you can order 2 in and it will come to my address, but as that's $42 will I get hit with customs?

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Manufactures band retailers from shipping to certain countries so they can choose their own distributors. Like leatherman. Apparently amazon forgot to click this option with this item, that's why I said in the first post to get them before they catch on. Try ebay or other on line shops like REI. They not always adhere to those rules.

PS. Customs are a hit and miss. Bigger the declared value the bigger your chance to get stung. From my experience below 40 quid you have 95% chance of sucess. Over 100 pounds and it's 50/50.

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Manufactures band retailers from shipping to certain countries so they can choose their own distributors. Like leatherman. Apparently amazon forgot to click this option with this item, that's why I said in the first post to get them before they catch on. Try ebay or other on line shops like REI. They not always adhere to those rules.

It's strange though as it will let me order A twin pack?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Doubt its a ban mate. More like they are shafting themselves on postage. You can buy the twin pack at the following price including all the guff;

Order Summary
Amazon Currency Converter is Enabled. Learn more
Items: GBP 25.76
Shipping & handling: GBP 5.47
Total before tax: GBP 31.23
Estimated tax to be collected: GBP 0.00
Import Fees Deposit GBP 6.25
Order total: GBP 37.48

edit here is the 4 pack summary

Order Summary
Amazon Currency Converter is Enabled. Learn more
Items: GBP 47.07
Shipping & handling: GBP 5.48
Total before tax: GBP 52.55
Estimated tax to be collected: GBP 0.00
Import Fees Deposit GBP 10.51
Order total: GBP 63.06

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yes i get you mate, it was cheaper for sure. the 4 pack with tax is actually cheaper than the single even allowing for tax though.

Good find though all the same. Whatever is going on its a good deal and better than we will see this side of the pond :D

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I have posted this in resources, but I will post it here as well for those who are interested:

"I have found another seller that has some recommendations on american Bushcraft/Survivalist websites which sell them, including shipping to the UK for $30.75, the filter itself is $18 so below the import/VAT threshold, so the total at current rates is about £18.95 and they accept paypal, here is the link:

http://www.highwaterfilters.com/Sawy...8.htm?CartID=1

I have ordered mine, but this is the first time I have purchased from this seller, so Caveat Emptor."

steingis

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
cleveland
was about to pull the trigger on 2 but i get customs charge of additional 6.22 making the total £37.31 not bad for 2 still but they is also a risk of additional charges plus i will have to sell the other probably not worth it, should have gotten in earlier

Last edited:

steingis

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
cleveland
I have posted this in resources, but I will post it here as well for those who are interested:

"I have found another seller that has some recommendations on american Bushcraft/Survivalist websites which sell them, including shipping to the UK for $30.75, the filter itself is $18 so below the import/VAT threshold, so the total at current rates is about £18.95 and they accept paypal, here is the link:

http://www.highwaterfilters.com/Sawy...8.htm?CartID=1

I have ordered mine, but this is the first time I have purchased from this seller, so Caveat Emptor."

reading the hmrc website £15 is the threshold that includes cost of product and shipping so that would take you over the threshold depending on what is written on the customs papers plus there is no handling fees if no taxes are to be paid

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
reading the hmrc website £15 is the threshold that includes cost of product and shipping so that would take you over the threshold depending on what is written on the customs papers plus there is no handling fees if no taxes are to be paid

As I understand it, that only applies if the item is over £15, then the duty is calculated on the item cost and postage cost combined, if it is under £15 then even if shipping were £100, you should not have to pay import duties or VAT, please see the excerpt below from David Wallis on ebay:

Dont forget that upon import to the UK your package is subject to British Customs taxes also. If it is declared on the customs form / label as being over certain values (£36 for "gifts" and £15 for all other categories) you will have to pay 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) on your items before they will be released for delivery to you. Also, if your package goes over the £15 / £36 values for the goods, then Customs will also tax you on what you spent on shipping / postage costs ! These customs charges, (and the associated rip-off £8-12 that Royal Mail / Parcel Force will charge you (for the "admin" of sending a 1 page letter to you saying "we have your parcel") additional to the customs charge), are your responsibility in general and not all sellers will pay them for you. They do not constitute part of the P&P costs from eBay and are out of the seller's control, beyond what value they mark the customs form with... These Customs charges only apply to goods imported from outside the EU (as within the EU is always free). Also, even if your package doesnt go over the £36 max value but is marked as a gift (and is Priority, not Express mail), Customs will also charge you tax on the shipping / postage costs :( Additionally, if your package is marked over £135 total value (or a "gift" over £630) then you will also have to pay Customs Duty on top of the tax. This is usually calculated at a flat rate of 2.5% and they will not charge you if the total duty comes to under £9. You can see a list of UK commodity codes on the gov.uk website, by searching for "Trade Tariff", which show you what rate of duty your items will be charged at...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE