Heads Up - Sainsburys. "Look What We Found" meals 1/2 price

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
working in sainsbury newbury today bought 7 of each ,cheaper than ready meals and alot healthier as well.
have looked at these online before but couldnt be bothered to order didnt realise sainsbury sold them, every time i check this forum i end up spending money

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
well ive tried the hot pot and the beef with porter and im very impressed the best tasting ready meal ive ever eaten.
they are small meals on there own but no smaller that your average ready meal of the same price.
but what i am amazed at is that the beef porter if it was a sainsbury ready meal would be about 25-30 grams of fat and high in sat fat, but this is 7.2g actually less than the equivilant weight watchers tastless meals and only natural ingrediants, i would happily buy these at full price lets hope sainsburys continue to sell them

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
They are under "meals" on the Look what we found website, I couldn't edit my previous reply to add what they were called when I went to look what ones they actually are. beef bolognese with italian herbs, Chill con carne and Beef bolognese with basil and oregano (which i cant see on their website for some reason..) :)

They look really good , has anybody tried any of these yet ...

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
sorry adsw thought you meant the sauce type ones ,as ive not seen those meals anywhere in supermarkets will check morrisons out as ive only found three different meals in sainsbury

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
They look really good , has anybody tried any of these yet ...

I had both at the Comrie meet. I find them both to be very good but the Bolognese is a little too strongly flavoured with herbs for me ( less is more... :) ) the chilli is great though and makes a good breakfast.

absw

Mar 14, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
ab5w.com
So I had the chilli con carne one for my dinner tonight, just to see what they were like. I was impressed, its pretty tasty for a ready meal (not really a fan of normal ready meals).

Took some pics just to show what it looks like out the packet.

The packet
DSC_0350.jpg

Heating up..
DSC_0352.jpg

With some rice I had prepared earlier (microwaved..)
DSC_0353.jpg

:)

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
They had chilli con carne and beef fellside beef casserole - the shelf life is 8-10 months on what i bought (norwich sainsburys) but i havent tried them yet. The portions look ok but only ok - im a big lad! May need filling out with something. I couldnt remember the brand name when i went in and asked an assistant who looked a little bemused but when i said non-refrigerated and for camping she took me straight to the shelf!

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
the co-op has crunchy nut cornflakes for a £1
i can eat them out the box without milk good for a bush breakfast or late night snack! :)

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
You should find that most of the supermarkets do them, the chilli and bolognese plus maybe meatballs are usually cheaper than the others and quite often for some reason separate. Morrisons also dow their own brand beans / spagetti / sausage but they are a bit on the miserly side. The labels used to be paper stickon jobs which was a pain as they broke up and came off when you were boiling but I see they are now moving over to direct printed packs. There are pretty regular promotions on them which we grab a few and keep them for weekend DofE trips etc, a couple of chillis and a stove have resided in the boot of my car over the winter!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE