Heads up! Perseid Meteor shower

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just been out and had a early doors peek, saw about half a dozen Meteors, then the ISS came overhead - lovely, just popped in for a cuppa, before going back out for a while:)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The lights are out and the skies clear. I'm off with a blanket, cider and a Stogie to the top of the hill to enjoy the show. :)

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
damn i was out camping too but didnt realise .... will have to upgrade so i can internets whilst out and about.

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
I'm not jealous at all of ya Dartmoor camp, its been ages since I've been down that way :)
Enjoy your trip, hope you get a good show.

:lmao:

Looks cloudy here too........ah well. I tried... (again, 2 years in a row. I'll see them again one day before I die..... if I emigrate :))

Had some cracking ones on Friday not many yet but as it was so clear awesome to see... Also saw the spacestation passing through. Was very overcast on Saturday night so didn't see anything! :(

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Far too cloudy here last night :( I did see a few when lying out on Friday night, before it clouded over just after 1am. Caught one really bright one which was great. But as usual the weather screwed it up for the peak times. it does get really frustrating as there have been so few opportunities to observe the stars this whole year due to the weather.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got back late from work on quite a few days this summer (about 2am). They switch most of the streetlights off at midnight so it's pretty dark - some of the night skies have been really clear and you can see some amazing meteors if you're patient enough - perhaps not as many as at the moment but you can fill the time in waiting by watching satellites going over

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I saw 11 in ten minutes, then it clouded over, then I got bitten by mossies and harvest mites and sat on a slug.

Happy days :)

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
We were out in the middle of the Cotswolds on Friday and Saturday night. Brilliant show... clear skies and less light polution that back home meant we saw loads of shooting stars.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE