Heads up! Perseid Meteor shower

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
Thanks for the info here Teepee. Excellent! I will be on Dartmoor wildcamping so if the clouds are few, I should have an excellent view. Lol. ;)

Martin

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Excellent, thanks Teepee. I was out all last night catching some stunning early perseids, looks like we have a forecast of almost total cloud cover for the early hours of Sunday (here in the Lakes atleast) :( Damn you condensation nuclei *shakes comedy fist*

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the info here Teepee. Excellent! I will be on Dartmoor wildcamping so if the clouds are few, I should have an excellent view. Lol. ;)

Martin

I'm not jealous at all of ya Dartmoor camp, its been ages since I've been down that way :)
Enjoy your trip, hope you get a good show.

Excellent, thanks Teepee. I was out all last night catching some stunning early perseids, looks like we have a forecast of almost total cloud cover for the early hours of Sunday (here in the Lakes atleast) :( Damn you condensation nuclei *shakes comedy fist*

:lmao:

Looks cloudy here too........ah well. I tried... (again, 2 years in a row. I'll see them again one day before I die..... if I emigrate :))

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
OOOoooo

I may just happen do get out this weekend - I'll have to keep a look out if the weathers behaving :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A pleasure peeps :) Glad I remembered it this year.

I was out last night for an hour. Not a cloud in the sky and I saw 2 :(

Even if the the skies are clear, there's lots of harvest dust in the air here at the moment so they'll be a bit fuzzy.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Only 2?!?
I went out with a freind from about 1230-0200 last night and under a totally clear sky we saw atleast 20...
But I am out about 4 miles from decent sized town, and walked about half a mile out into the pitch blackness. Are you in a rural area of Northhants Teepee?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The forecast here says partly cloudy until after midnight. So i think i will go set up somewhere for a few hours and see what i can see. :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Only 2?!?
I went out with a freind from about 1230-0200 last night and under a totally clear sky we saw atleast 20...
But I am out about 4 miles from decent sized town, and walked about half a mile out into the pitch blackness. Are you in a rural area of Northhants Teepee?

Yup, its quite dark here. I can usually see the milky way. All our village street lights go out after midnight too and were about 7 miles from the nearest town.

There was plenty of dust in the air, the little dipper was impossible to pick out which isn't usually the case.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Yup, its quite dark here. I can usually see the milky way. All our village street lights go out after midnight too and were about 7 miles from the nearest town.

There was plenty of dust in the air, the little dipper was impossible to pick out which isn't usually the case.

Nice, our little village never turn out the lights, so the walk back in was met with garish sodium pollution. *blech*
I must say that the skies were nothing of the clarity of deep winter but still very clear...a well defined milky way and was very pleased to see a variety of subtley coloured shooters, and once the moon rose, a close by Jupiter was a nice way to end the night.

Forecast here is still pants, tuesday night looks good for minimal cloud cover.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE