Heads up, Julius Petterson back in stock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
First of all we need some other feedbacks on the blade itself, I suppose. Steel's grain, how is the lamination line, sharpness, grinded to zero or wih mircobevel etc ;)

Speaking of the handle try this shape, but also a barrell handle one. Make a cardboard tempalte to get a hint of how that will feel in the hand.

wow,..ok man,..

the lamination line,...is just the slightest bit visible,.....

i do expect a more apparent line one its been used and gained a patina ,...(feedback should really come from long term users of this blade)

sharpness,..it takes the hair from my arm without trying,...the bevel is virtually mirror polished and to a zero grind,..

and i feel the blade imbues the spirit of the wolf inside me,....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Frederick89

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2010
Modena, Italy
@ Raikey: sounds good. With laminated blades there is always some chance of problems during welding, but if the lamination line is regular and has no darker spots it's well welded and won't give problems. The blade seems very well made in any case and thanks for the reply.

@southey: I'm on BB too and, beeing freind with a few finnish smiths, you can see that I'm starting to have some kind of deformation toward forging quality and not only on knifemaking.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
ok well i had a play with some antler yesterday just to see,.....

and ended up finishing the knife (ish),.....

i,m about 90% sure of the handle but must say its very comfortable after an hours use just now with some green birch,....

didnt polish the back half of the antler as it may change shape yet,..

DSC03369 by Raikey1, on Flickr

DSC03371 by Raikey1, on Flickr

i used an old coin ,and a combination of wood and leather spacers before the antler,...

DSC03370 by Raikey1, on Flickr

its comfy as i mentioned,.

DSC03376 by Raikey1, on Flickr

but the natural curve in the antler, i didnt sand out the curve as it suits a right hand the way its not symetrical,

DSC03378 by Raikey1, on Flickr

Last edited:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
:why:
I've gone and bought one now! An it was only a few hours ago I had told myself the spending really had to stop for the rest of the month (if not year!).

Mark & Raikey - those really are stunning!

Raikey - I really, REALLY like the lines of that handle. goodjob:You_Rock_

Mark - despite having forked out for this, I may have to go with your game plan of a cheapo kit in the first instance.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
HOLY POOP! what a cracker dude! I love the wiggle in the antler:cool:

yay,..wanna see the sh shhh sh s sheath i made for her?..lol

Absolute beauty - love the curve of the antler - nice simple clean shape.

That's stunning.....looks a perfect shape.

thanks guys,..

:why:
I've gone and bought one now! An it was only a few hours ago I had told myself the spending really had to stop for the rest of the month (if not year!).

Mark & Raikey - those really are stunning!

Raikey - I really, REALLY like the lines of that handle. goodjob:You_Rock_

Mark - despite having forked out for this, I may have to go with your game plan of a cheapo kit in the first instance.

yep,..i bought another one too,....gonna go with some curly birch next time i reckon,....dont forget to show us yours!!

That is a keeper.

i think so too,....although i only put a few hours (and no money) into it,...i have become attached to it as a user already,...

Cheers,...

Stu

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Really like both knives chaps, That Elm has come out a treat Mark, and thats some seriously good buffing Stu.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE