Heads up, cast iron frying pan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Am I the only one concerned by "oven safe up to 200C" as using one on the embers of an open fire, for example, could rapidly exceed that? I'm more than happy to be wrong, but 200C sounds a bit on the low side for a cast frypan to me.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
Am I the only one concerned by "oven safe up to 200C" as using one on the embers of an open fire, for example, could rapidly exceed that? I'm more than happy to be wrong, but 200C sounds a bit on the low side for a cast frypan to me.

That's probably just the colored coating me thinks, although I may be wrong?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 5, 2010
North East UK
For those who like cast iron pans and want to save on space, Boundary Mills have some frying pans with folding handles in their sale. Not as pretty as the ones above but great for packing away neatly.
Hils

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Iv just noticed on the page for aldi that it is safe up to 200c does that mean that when its seasoned I will have to leave it longer at that temp?

When I did my dutchy I had the oven going flat out.

Also the 26cm, is that the size the base or the top of the pan? Because most pans like that taper upwards.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE