Heads UP BUSHCOOKER WOODGAS CHEAP ON EBAY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I was going to add that you need to check that this isn't one of the current ones which are made very badly and come apart with heat. This is the reason BackPackingLight dropped them from their store a year or so back, as they all kept on being returned as faulty.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, they come apart when used :lmao:

You may be OK though. Apologies, I should have posted this earlier, but was writing an in depth reply to Martyns thread. When I got back, it had already gone. Some had already come apart before being used, so at least that hasn't happened to that one, which is obviously a bonus and suggests it may be OK. The real test will be in using it. They are a great stove, and at that price, well worth the punt. I auctioned a well used one on Ebay a year back and it went for £90.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Yeah, they come apart when used :lmao:

Cough!

You may be OK though. Apologies, I should have posted this earlier, but was writing an in depth reply to Martyns thread. When I got back, it had already gone. Some had already come apart before being used, so at least that hasn't happened to that one, which is obviously a bonus and suggests it may be OK. The real test will be in using it. They are a great stove, and at that price, well worth the punt. I auctioned a well used one on Ebay a year back and it went for £90.

Cheers! Hopefully I'd still be able to get it replaced if anything goes wrong.

c0nna

Jan 26, 2012
Durham
I think you could have made one a lot cheaper, but it is a nice item, and if you don't have the time then that's a good option, hope you're happy with it! :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I think you could have made one a lot cheaper, but it is a nice item, and if you don't have the time then that's a good option, hope you're happy with it! :)

Yeah. I played with tin-can stoves when I was a lot younger. It was quite fun. The issue I always have with most tin can builds is the quality of the materials you end up using tended to determine the aesthetics of the stove. The end up fugly ;)

I'd also have to factor in the time. It would take me several hours to make something like this and that is not counting the time it'd take to source the materials. I'd rather spend my time making stuff that I think ends up looking good as well as being useful.

:)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
The one I've got is the original BB from fritz handel, I must have had it for at least 6 years and still good as new and it was about the same price as the one at the start of the thread

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
How is it Huon? Is it a good one?

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet so too early to say. I can't see anything visibly wrong with it and the seller seems OK so fingers crossed.

I'll post here with some sort of conclusion after I've had a chance to light it up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE