heads up blade sharpener

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
I have one of those and its a fairly decent item.

200, 300, 400 and 600 grit.

I didn't like it to start with but after I broke it in it was fine

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Got one of these from Aldi recently. It is excellent. Will pick up another this week.
Many thanks for bringing this up. I was kicking myself for not buying another at the time!
Atb
G:)

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
I have one of those and its a fairly decent item.

200, 300, 400 and 600 grit.

I didn't like it to start with but after I broke it in it was fine

um, yeah, what that bloke said. normally i would recommend staying well away from cheap diamond sharpeners. they can be unevenly graded and put some big scoremarks on your blades. break them in with an old beater knife that you don't mind scratching up. when you've knocked all the big lumps off of the stone you can progress to normal knives. i got mine in B&Q too.

still wouldn't put any of my better knives on it, but it's good for reprofiling.

cheers, and.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
will this be ok to sharpen up my mora???

It sharpened mine, its not pretty but its sharpened :)

Not got a lot of experience with knife sharpening so practising with a couple of Moras. I have also nearly got a decent edge on my machete with it, got to go down a couple of grits tomorrow, I was knackered after re-profiling it though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE