Heads up! Bargain Shelter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Got mine this morning looks good, the rubbers could double as exhaust hangers though so not exactly lightweight but im just going to change them to shock cord haha

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got one through the other day, hardly a mark on it, makes you wonder where they have been hiding for the last 30 years and where all the inners are.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Put mine up this afternoon with walking poles, its now getting a soaking of biblical proportions it will be a test for sure :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just put on my waterproofs and checked it out and there isnt even any misting, well impressed. As I had put my poles with the points through the eyelets it effectively sealed them.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hey thanks for the link, looks good. I wonder what it weighs? Looks like its the complete tent too. Not bad for £30.

1875g for tent and flysheet (with the new flysheet)
1225g for poles

pegs have long since gone on my 1984 model

Pack size is about 3ft long and 6" round. Can't be sure. My bag is long since gone as well.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
1875g for tent and flysheet (with the new flysheet)
1225g for poles

pegs have long since gone on my 1984 model

Pack size is about 3ft long and 6" round. Can't be sure. My bag is long since gone as well.

Thanks for the info :).

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Ditto - not a great fit though- king poles would be better. Also if it rains you'd get water inside running down the poles. Needs a rubber grommit on top.

Original tent had a plastic disc type thing that went on the poles and over the holes. Like a mini umbrella. Don't have those anymore either.

I was just about to change to using it with the DD tarp and an inner ridge line to hold up the inner when this thread came up.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Just about to order a couple, I'm about 5' 8", how much space left either end would I have when lying down? Does anyone have a rough idea how tall the poles need to be? Cheers, Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Just about to order a couple, I'm about 5' 8", how much space left either end would I have when lying down? Does anyone have a rough idea how tall the poles need to be? Cheers, Joab

Im 6'1 and I had plenty of room. I had my cheap walking poles set not quite at max extension.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Just opened mine out. It's pretty smelly and has very obvious fading along old fold lines.

Decent size though.

I think for what I was thinking another tarp/basha might have been better but it was half the price.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Got my one yesterday, a few signs of fading, but other than that it's pukka. Just put it up in the garden to see how it fares in the rain.

vango 001.jpg vango 002.jpg

Dry as a bone after a night of some heavy rain.

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London

I'm 6'0 and fit inside the tent with no problems. The flysheet goes maybe 6 " beyond the end of the tent.

That doesn't take the end into the equation. There's at least a 1' at between the rectangle bit of the tent and the point. And then there say 3-4" from the tent to the fly sheet.

So in the middle you are looking at 7' plus.

Poles from the tent are 1.31m or 4' 4 1/2" (from ground to flysheet, not including the points).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE