Have you seen this man?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
On Sunday I was out walking with my wife and two boys (ages 2.5 years and 6 months) on the riverside path between wylam and Clara vale. I was ahead with the pram and was about to start delving into the undergrowth for birch bark and kindling when I saw the Mrs was talking to a man. I thought he might judge me so left the bark where it was.

i needed have worried as he was a fellow bushcrafter! Dressed head to toe in geen, mora and fire steel on his belt, ALICE military style pack etc. he was an older guy, retired certainly and he said he's been a climber and a guide and had written some guide books.

he seemed to have had some health issues and some days struggled to walk and get out, he had a metal nhs stick when we saw him, but he was happy he could still do a bit, could light a fire with a spark, build a shelter and so on.

Sadly i I didn't ask his name. I know it's a long shot but was he anyone on this forum or anyone we know?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE