Have I been given a good knife?

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I work as a fabricator welder and I had alot of spare time yesterday I was was thinking of making a knife. But we only work with mild steels and 316 SS, and some other very hard metals. So a good friend Steve said you won't chop with that, I'll bring one in tomorrow. The knife he has given me I think is the British Army survival knife, it has a 7" blade, with scandi grind, 5mm thick blade. I'm wondering how do these knifes perform, it has some marking on it too, like the symbol for 'delta'. Are they good? Anyway I like the weight, I think it will be perfect for chopping.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've not got one, but there are a few threads on here where people have modded them slightly to get the best out of them. But getting it for free has got to be good !.

Rob

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Yeah, I was willing to pay money, but he said, I have a few of them you can have it. It's in perfect condition, both the knife and the sheath. There's only a few very light markings on the blade. The edge is pretty sharp.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
These are very good knives mate but the do make knock off ones so check it out. Lots of info online about tuem with a quick search. I don't think you will he disappointed. They take a lot of hammering and great for splitting down fire wood

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Is the handle riveted or is it screwed together in two places?

If it has three rivets then it's most likely an M.O.D survival knife, but if the handle is screwed together in two places then it could be a type D, I know which one I'd rather have :D

I has 3 copper rivets on the handle. They look pretty strong.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE