Hat whats in yours ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
The recent warm weather has seen me dust of the old tilly had which set me thinking . Inside is a small pocket for credit cards etc , However mine has a small 1 ins knife with scewdriver 3 plasters a small fire steel a couple of antiseptic wipes and a pair of shoe laces all in a small plastic bag ? and you would not know they are there . . what sort of had do you use and has it any secrets :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Someone once bought me a hat with a small pocket with a zip on the outside. The card that came attached to the hat said it could be used to hold a tea bag! Now, I love tea but it was a sod when it rained!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've heard it said that you should keep your watch inside your hat. Then, when asked the time, you can remove your hat and hold it whistfully against the sun and calmly announce the time to the nearest minute ;) :)

ATB

Ogri the trog

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
Ogri the trog said:
I've heard it said that you should keep your watch inside your hat. Then, when asked the time, you can remove your hat and hold it whistfully against the sun and calmly announce the time to the nearest minute ;) :)

ATB

Ogri the trog

Thats it, next scout camp I'm on.........

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Nowadays, I mostly use a buff...before it was baseball caps, bush hats, akubras and stetsons (not good when carrying a backpack...). Sometimes, an olive green beret...jacques cousteau-type woolen hats, hand-made felt hats (without brims...). Depends on the weather and mood... :)

Marko

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I've got a tilley but I don't put anything in there - because it's supposed to be a secret pocket but that's no good if everyone knows it's there! :lmao:

Actually, I've got a couple of snares in it at the moment but that's not usually the case... :rolleyes:

useless

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Hampshire, UK
My father in law tells a tale of loosing his tilly hat until an old friend turned up out of the blue. In his car was a tilly, which father in law (FIL) claimed was his.

"But I've had that for years" came the reply.

Because my FIL was able to say "inside the secret pocket is a £10 note", and duely show this was the case, he got his hat back!

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Ooh - I just looked in my Tilley's secret pocket and found a tenner. Thanks guys - must have put that in there ages ago and forgotten about it! :lmao:

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Got a large version of the para cord bracelet around mine in place of the hat band, bout 10 -15 m of cord and about 4hrs to make

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE