Has anyone seen this before?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Gary said:
I feel left out for not being on it!! :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Never mind Gary, you could always join the ISWBA (Idaho State Womens Bowling Association) that Adi linked to. Then you could put "member of ISWBA" on your website to impress everyone. :rolmao:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
bs.jpg

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Well, I've just formed the British Bushcraft Council. Phoned channel 4 about getting a series, I think the chap was a Russian cos what he said ended in "ov"!

Anyway, once you've all paid me your subs you can carve your spoons in confidence! :wave: :wave:

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
so you you told the guy from channel 4 you were from the B.B.C.

That's right, and I said I'd got a great idea for a tv series based on an audatious raid from world war 2, the series would be called -

"The real Kelly's Heros"

I was particularly looking forward to drinking all that looted vino!

Dave

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I'm not sure if trademark law covers this issue

trademark law only comes into effect when a trademark is used (i.e. a logo or a name in a particular font and colour) in such a way as to mislead the public

simply stating the companys name is not a trademark issue as long as you are stating fact (if what you are stating is false then its slander)

however in this case the 'association' has implied that the company endorses them whilst this may not be a trademark issue I'm sure there is grounds for legal action.

at the very least it is incredibly rude and unprofessional

It should be noted that i am not legally trained and as such i may be wrong I would be interested to hear the veiw of someone with a legal background on this matter

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Please note also that my tongue is firmly in my cheek!

However, you can still send me the subscriptions if you wish!

Cheques payable to CASH, a subsidiary of the British Bushcraft Council.

I theng you!

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Seriously though has anybody contacted the Survival school to give them a chance to reply. It does seem bad to claim an association that does not exist. i would be interested to hear what they have got to say on the matter. Its easy to have a trial by media.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I would be very suprised if Drew and Johnny from survival school have not already read this post, and if they have anything to say on the matter they are free to do so here

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Looks like there have been some changes on the site ... the page listing corporate members is now gone, but new outdoors schools have been added to the list ...

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ya I see what you mean Adi, however corporate list is still there and a list of fellows - I wonder how they feel about this 'fellowship of the thing'?

I'm sure Lars Falt and Mors kochanski are most delighted!

I have a bad feeling about all this - :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE