has anyone made a bi-pod or tri-pod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
suspended bedding system...??

if so do have you got any tips for anyone interested in making such a system

what did you use for the part to lay your sleeping bag or other chosen sleep system

was it a pre-made canvas or a thick plastic-bag or branches and-such or other material...??

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I’ve used 2x tripods with a bar across the top to turn a large tarp into a windshelter (as you would in the Scouts). Spruce boughs makes for a nice base, but I’d rather not cut branches off if I didn’t have to.

What kind of shelter did you have in mind? Wind shelter, raised bed, hammock stand?

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
If you mean an atap shelter, the simplest and lightest pole bed is an old bivi bag with the foot end sliced open. Slide it over two bed poles and voilà, bed made. Throw your sleeping bag or poncho liner on and you're done.

a83f7a2272b4e3e68fd52d606470c587.jpg

Crowe

Nomad
Jan 18, 2008
Noewich. Now living in Limosin France
As in @van wilds picture. You could use a poncho popped together. Econo challenge (youtube) shows this as a simple tube that can be made by a sail maker or yourself if you have the skills. I don't think sticks would work too well, never seen it done.
A frame pole bed is my preference. The space between the tube can be stuffed with browse or similar for insulation
Very comfortable!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE