Has anybody tried this Tarp and Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Thanks for your help. But i dont get whats better about the others you suggested. They are exactly the same.
Thanks
JAcob

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Thanks for your help. But i dont get whats better about the others you suggested. They are exactly the same.
Thanks
JAcob

The first of my links shows TWO different styles of hammock, one looks a bit like a DD, the other looks like a warbonnet.

Depends what style you like. The bugnet is held up differently, oh and the bug net is black which is easier to see out of.

highlander-nomad-hammock-inside.jpgP5055780 copy.jpg
highlander-nomad-hammock (1).jpg670120494182.jpg

Hopefully you can see what I mean now Jacob, Good luck with your hammock choice !:):hammock:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I got a tenth wonder [or maybe it's tenth moon - can't remember] hammock from ebay [no affiliation etc] for a tenner a while a go, couple that with a cheap builders tarp [sure its blue and plasticy but at 2.99 for a 3m x 2m sheet - can't complain] some bits of bungie and cord I had knocking round the shed a set of stakes from amazon, and you can get a hammock setup and still have a decent bit of change from 20 quid. Certianly cheap enough as a trial to see if you like hammocking...

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
The first of my links shows TWO different styles of hammock, one looks a bit like a DD, the other looks like a warbonnet.

Depends what style you like. The bugnet is held up differently, oh and the bug net is black which is easier to see out of.

View attachment 10184View attachment 10185
View attachment 10183View attachment 10182

Hopefully you can see what I mean now Jacob, Good luck with your hammock choice !:):hammock:

Thanks for your help. I will have a second look.
Jacob

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I got a tenth wonder [or maybe it's tenth moon - can't remember] hammock from ebay [no affiliation etc] for a tenner a while a go, couple that with a cheap builders tarp [sure its blue and plasticy but at 2.99 for a 3m x 2m sheet - can't complain] some bits of bungie and cord I had knocking round the shed a set of stakes from amazon, and you can get a hammock setup and still have a decent bit of change from 20 quid. Certianly cheap enough as a trial to see if you like hammocking...

That sound like a plan. I might try that. Don't want to spend a lot and the find I don't like hammocking.
Thanks
Jacob

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
You could just make a hammock, all you need is about 3m of material. You can make a whipped end with very little extra work, if your mum has a sewing machine you can add a channel to the end to pass the suspension through.
Everything you would ever need to know about making hammocks is here - http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Ok i might give that a try. Why type of material do you reccomend. I dont want it very heavy as i want to carry it in my pack.
Thanks
Jacob

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Ok i might give that a try. Why type of material do you reccomend. I dont want it very heavy as i want to carry it in my pack.
Thanks
Jacob

Pertex 4 will give you a 280g hammock at 3m long, and will cost you around £12. I love mine, very comfy and super breathable. The DD's don't get used nowadays.

Parachute nylon is also perfect and comes much lighter. If your not heavy, you could quite happily use a single layer of the lightest grade.

Have a look at Fabrics n stuff, they have quality parachute ripstop for 99p/m and Pertex 4/Skylon (Skylon is very similar to Pertex 4) for about £4/m.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Have a look at Fabrics n stuff, they have quality parachute ripstop for 99p/m .

Ah Ha, I got some nylon a couple of years ago and was trying to remember who I bought it from, thanks for jolting my memory. They seem the cheapest place for webbing and those little quick release buckles as well - I'll be needing some of them...:)

It's amazing how finding stuff for the second time can make me happy all over again:)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Pertex 4 will give you a 280g hammock at 3m long, and will cost you around £12. I love mine, very comfy and super breathable. The DD's don't get used nowadays.

Parachute nylon is also perfect and comes much lighter. If your not heavy, you could quite happily use a single layer of the lightest grade.

Have a look at Fabrics n stuff, they have quality parachute ripstop for 99p/m and Pertex 4/Skylon (Skylon is very similar to Pertex 4) for about £4/m.

Ok i typed in pertex 4 to fabrics and stuff and they had equivalents on there. Do you think that would be ok.
Thanks
Jacob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE